1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Cat 262C

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grassman09, May 7, 2010.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Picked up a new Cat two weeks ago to replace the stolen one. Have used it a bunch of times. Has everything one could ask for all I need to do is install my satellite radio in it and I'd never come out of the machine. Just fits on the Trailer.

I used it tonight with my water tank to put out a big fire I made. :nono: Forgot to get a permit.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

was the insurance a battle?

Looks like a nice machine, ive never run a cat.
  3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

awesome looking machine :salute: what'd that bad boy set you back?
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The operator compartment on the "C" series is a HUGE improvement over the previous two series, isn't it? :nod:
  5. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Great looking machine!
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice unit! Too bad it's yellow. :p:waving:
  7. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Looks good!
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice, I guess your not selling the trailer now?
  9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I got a NEW 272C earlier this year and it is a beast your going to love your machine!
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice machine...good decision to buy Cat again.
  11. Grassman09

No point its too new, everyone is after used junk and pay dirt money. You are just best off to go to London and save a few $$ and get a new one. Too expensive out our way and some of the us builders cheat by usesing less steel under the deck smaller axles or 6ply tires.

The "C" series is allot better then the "B" yes but I find the radio package should should be more integrated like the bobcats and not just install 2 aftermarket speakers behind the seat. The air seat and ride control is great. Kick it into 2 speed load the bucket up and you hardly spill anything or feel anything. I lifted a 265gal water tank 8' off the ground to the machine didn't tip at all.
  12. Grassman09

Yes I think so. I've heard someone complain about someones John deere skid and how the view looking up is no good. I also do not like the flip up door on the deere and what looks to be a big blind spot looking back. A cam system would work and Battlefield did try to sell one to me for $3600.
  13. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Ride control is worth every penny IMO.
    Even on the bigger toys.

Glad to see you got the stolen one replaced.
    Hope the battle with the insurance co. wasn't too bad.
  14. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Vary Nice Machine Dave! I think you should put a lojack in this one tho....
  15. Grassman09

Air seat ride control amics and AC is the best.

Insurance battle comes when my commercial policy's renew. State Farm wanted to drop me right away as I had just switched to them the month it was stolen.

Thxs. Dont know how well that works. I put in a kill switch. If someone really wants it no matter what you do they will take it.
  16. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

any more pics?
  17. Grassman09

I think I have a few interior ones yes I'll look for you.