1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New calipers no brake pedal.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stanza, Jan 13, 2013.

1. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

2010 dodge 2500 5.7. 2new rear calipers w / pads and new pads in front.
    Cant get a pedal. Changed mc still no pedal. This is the same problem I see in a lot of online posts. Yet no one posts the answer. The dealer says that you don't need to bleed the abs system. Any help Is appreciated.
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i assume your smart enough to not do this but along time ago i put calipers on my cherokee but i put them on the wrong sides so the bleeders were on the bottom and they wouldnt bleed. stupid me. just a thought...
  3. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

did you bench bleed the mc?
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

snapon scan tool has a program in it to bleed the abs system, might be worth doing it.....
  5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Got fluid coming out the hoses??? Pressure or manual bleed?

Here is something I found online. It's old but may pertain.
  6. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

Thanks. Calipers are on correct, did gravity bleed, bench bled MC. I can't think of anything else. Clear new liquid out of all four calipers. It has to be the abs. Does that have a bleeder ? I can't stand the stealer ship. Thanks for the help. When I get a fix ill post it.
  7. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

The abs/proportioning valve unit is air locked, try running the truck so you have vacumn from the motor to force the master better. I had the same problem on my 06 Toyota changing the back hoses. Keep bleeding the rears with the pump and crack method, a Mighty-Vac tool will get the fluid in but you need to force all the air bubbles out of the system the old fashioned way unless you have a professional brake system.
    Worked for me doing both rears 7 or 8 times then doing the fronts about the same... pump, crack the bleeder, close the bleeder, repeat, etc., etc.

Hope this helps.

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Did that on our 05 F350, I wasn't thinking and in a rush. I did figure it out after about 2 hours of what the hell was the problem,lol
  9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sometimes it can be a real process, when I worked at a Ford dealership I went through 3 large bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed everything out. I finally hooked it up to a bleeder machine they had there.
  10. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member