1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new cable tv channel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Oct 14, 2000.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We have aknowledged the fact that we are all nuts. So why not parley our enthusiasm into an all snow all the time cable tv network. If golf and food have one, why not snow.
    We can do skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, all winter time activities. Cover the ididirod, and the like.
    Of course we can do live ride alongs with snow contractors, like cops, but rename it plow jockeys. Picture of a drivers hand around a property manager or some thing.
    Since we all know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer at this site, I expect to see some really good suggestions from the rest of the inmates.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

well i am pretty easy going myself.

However someones car onto of a mountin of snow, would be a good one. Showing a pusher pushing car higher and higher, because it was left in the middle of the lot all night long.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Snowboarding. If we ever get real snowfalls on a weekend we build half pipes (or usually quarter pipes) with the plows. We could take up a half hour show.
  4. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

You could do something like "survivor" inside the cabs of several plow trucks on a snow night.Might get censored quite a bit but that might work.

Could also do a TNT type car show but with plow trucks where they bring in old plow trucks and restore them in like three shows. Maybe a plow truck road test program.

What about a Red Green show for plow guys with a guy named Boss Westmier.

Or a show called the In Fisher Man.

Could show kids shows like frosty the snowman,Rudolph,and miracle on 34th st year round.

It could have a weather channel ticker running on the bottom of the screen all the time.

Special shows about the crazy snow storms they used to have in August.

The whole thing would be like a Playboy channel for plow guys,Yeah,yeah thats the ticket.
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

SnowTV, "ALL snow, ALL the time"

Have a website, with a list of webcams you can click on to see live broadcasts right from the driver's seat of the trucks. Geoff already has cameras in his trucks, so he is a step ahead of the rest of us. Just need to get a satalite link, or transmit through a cellular phone back to a base. Each base would have a DSL line right to the website. Then even if you didn't have snow, you could get your daily fix of the white stuff online, 24/7. Newbies could learn from real pros too. There would have to be at least a 10 second delay, to allow censoring. In fact, some of us shouldn't even have a mic in the truck. Maybe those of us that need not be heard plowing, could dangle the mic out the window.

There could be a section for new equipment and techniques. A photo gallery, somewhat like a "wall of shame" instead of a hall of fame. There we could post pics of major foul ups.

Hmmmm, here's an idea I can run with, but on the internet level. I'll leave the TV phase of it to Dino. Not that I don't want to be part of it, because I do, but I can do more on the internet to get it rolling. Don't leave me out Dino buddypalolchumomine!

And Dig, you forgot the spot on the show called "Chuck's Toxic Paint Tips"!!!!
  6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I like it.

Last post from JA. Time to go home and pack. Gotta catch a plane at 6 AM. Fun in the sun time......

I'll be back on Sunday night (10/22/00)- Peggy should have had enough of me by then anyway....

Keep smiling.
  7. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Hmmmm, never thought of it before, but I kinda have a head start on this already. My site, is Snowplowing-Contractors.com
    BUT, I dubbed it the "Snowplowing-Contractors.com Network" right from day one.

Wasn't thinking of it as a TV network at the time....

And Dig, you also forgot about the John Allin Show! He could compete with Ledderman and Leno for us Plow Nuts. That way we'd have something good to watch on TV late at night when we are reading and posting here! Guys like Dino and myself could watch it while we are online, on the computer. We got the TV card in our puters, anyone else have a TV program on their computer? They are coooool.
    You can surf, and watch TV at the same time. You can run the TV in full screen mode too. Not so great on a 14" monitor, but on a 19" WOW.
  8. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

I think the show should be for men and modeled after 'the man snow' on the comedy channel (plenty of naked women in bikinis running around in the snow). I'd by happy to host or co-host the program.
  9. GeoffD

If you broadcasted of my vidoe cameras, all you would see is the mass distruction left behind the truck.

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

We love to see mass destruction!! Just look at the ratings of those police chase special shows.

11. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Geoff that would be great we could put all that mass destruction on the all snow plowing news channel,you could even do live interviews at the scenes.
  12. GeoffD

Well i put the cameras on the trucks to prevent backing into things. I figure 450 dollars installed is worth every penny, the company now has a color and audio versions now avaible.

You could watch sand (with rocks in it) being spread from the spreader, and see how many headlights on cars you can break.

13. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member

You could show our SIMA video every hour on the hour. Or better yet, make a 1/2 hour infomercial selling it.

"This awesome video will make you a millionaire this winter! It's a $69,000 value you can steal for 2 payments of only $39.95 each if you call right now. 1-800-SNOWJOB!"
  14. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Really, $450 installs a camera on back with a screen in the cab, can you post or e-mail some more info.
  15. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member

Spend double that and you can get a digital videocam and broadcast it to us on the web so we can watch you work from the comfort of our homes.
  16. jspivxl102

jspivxl102 Member

put it on pay per view.
  17. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Great idea Chuck if we could pull this off could i like have the 2am thru 3am slot i could have a adult theme during this time, a couple of ideas come to mind one would be "snow contractors gone wild" the second would be a live cam show called when JR borrows daddys car i could go around and ya know tap on the windows of the fogged up cars and get there opinion of the storms, gosh i think iam loosing it we need some snow!!!
  18. Big Todd

Big Todd Senior Member

Yes! "Plow Jockeys Gone Wild"... I like it.

Actually, I've emailed Comedy Central a couple of times to invite that one guy from "Insomniac" to come out and ride with me for a night. Obviously, they don't know how funny a strung-out guy trapped in a truck with the defroster on high and the windows open with it 5 degrees outside with a NEXTEL in one hand and a CB mic in the other at four in the morning really is...

I used have someone video tape me when I used to drag race, so I could watch it at least once a week in the off season. I think it would be great for snowplowing.

We could have a show where plow guys would compete to see how quickly they could plow a given area, or how neatly, or how fast one can go in reverse...

Man we are nuts aren't we:D
  19. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Video Game

What about a snowplow video game. I would play it. You could have different missions and the more you plow, the more money you get, and then you can get bigger trucks and plows and eventually a whole fleet then more accounts. Kinda like "SIMS" . That would be swell..
  20. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

just curious how this thread was brought back? it appears by the dates its over 2 years old! I like the idea of cops with snowplow guys lol.:D