1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New cab tractor with plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alaska, Nov 28, 2006.

1. alaska

alaska Junior Member
    from alaska

Just got my new cab model JD 3320 with hyd snow plow and 3 point spreader. Chains on all tires, turf tires loaded, I-match can switch from spreader to ballast box and loader can quik attach from blade to bucket. I have only had this a week and I really like it. The blade is a little small for carrying snow very far but it really can push back the berms the trucks leave. Cleaning out around mail boxes is really nice the blade is basically a 6 way blade and you can actually carve in pretty accurate detail. Sice the blade is on the loader arm it can be angled back so that the cutting edge is digging when back blading. I really like this unit for those hard to plow driveways. Anyone have words of wisdom on how this will hold up and what I should watch out for or modifications that would be helpful?

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Looks great!

Very similar to my kubota B2910, except I just took my blade off the loader and put it on a sub frame to get it closer to the tractor. We get some heavy snow here on the east cost.

You might want to look into putting Pro-wings or making something similar. It would really help. I have been running a 6ft meyers blade on my machine, making wings for this winter to carry more.

Good luck.
  3. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Nothing like a warm, dry, cozy cab with dry feet. Looks awesome
  4. alaska

alaska Junior Member
    from alaska

Do pro wings attach easily to the JD Frontier Blade and can I take them off and put them on easily? Where can I get them?
  5. BobC

BobC Senior Member

I use a Kubota 50hp cab tractor with industrial tires and love to move snow with 8ft. Protech pusher
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

That a factory cab or aftermarket? Looking at picking one up for our 430 but $4000 is a bit much. And those curtis cabs which are cheaper dont have as much glass and are not as easy to see out of when plowing. I dunno, we're thinking of just upgrading to a larger tractor. Probably a new 4520 with full cab
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good! You'll love that cab. Wish I had one... maybe next year. How many utility light do you have? I have found that the more light, the easier it is to plow at night (of course) because that is when it always snows. I have 2 forward facing 55 watts, 1 rear facing, and the standard headlights. It turns it into daytime.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  8. alaska

alaska Junior Member
    from alaska

I have the standard JD lights 2 forward and 2 on the cab. I think I could use a little more maybe be able to turn on some bright lights occasionally also need to add a set in the rear.
  9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig, but I would definately put some ProWings on it, Use the advanced search feature, type in my screen name then add Prowings and tons will come up with pictures. or just do a general search and even more will come up.

$250 mail order, you put them on yourself, they fit just about any plow, and will allow you to carry more snow.
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a nice rig to go out in have fun with it