1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New C plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by mikelawtown, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Any one here of the new C plow . i guess u can backblade and push with the same plow..payup

2. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

yes i have one on my 04 f250 psd it's great haf the time now :)

3. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Not really that new for Hiniker.. I have one on my 2002 Chevy 2500HD.

I'm a sold user of both the plow and Hiniker. Hiniker stands behind their product.

Hiniker's web site has a graphic of the plow working - it has 2 cutting edges, one on top and one on the bottom.

Originally a steel trip plow, it's now a poly blade with a trip edge.

It's hinged in the center - you push a button, it bends in half with DOWN pressure and you have a back blade. Only draw back is it needs to be a straight pull back to get the most effectiveness.

This plow is a great time saver. I do my own driveway (1000 foot long) and a nearby church lot (90+ spaces, carport, curbed handicap section and island turn-around).

The church used to take over 2 hours every time, mainly due to back dragging. The C plow cuts it down to under 60 minutes, efficiently and safely.

It is wonderful on straight standard residential driveways. 3 swipes backdrag and 1 forward, and you are done.

I tend to baby my plow since I'm not rushed for time and I've had some terrible experiences with Meyers breaking (literally) down. I wouldn't be afraid to take this plow out into any commerical condition and work it hard.

If you are doing any job that requires a lot of backdragging, this is the right design for it.

Before anyone assumes I'm a newbe, I've been plowing since I was 16 and did commercial plowing full time for 30 years - in upstate NY and NE PA. If your truck will handle it, the C plow will pull/push it for you.

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

what sizes do they come in and what are their prices?

5. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

8ft $4000.00+tax+install & 9ft $4500.00+tax+install
    But I paid 3200.00 for a one year old one
    it's good good plow

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Do you guys have any pics of it in action. I have seen it on the Hiniker web site but I have never seen one in use.

William

7. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

yea but i can't get them to post:angry: :angry:

8. golden arches

Check with your local dealers on the prices.. in the past there's been pre-season rebates, but I'm not sure if they have one this year or not.

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have heard that the plow markers can leave marks on garage doord when in the backdrag position... Is this true?? I tlook like a great plow to have if you backdrag alot and do not want to have a front and back plow...

10. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

I backdrag off 10 garage doors and not had a mark

11. golden arches

I've never had a problem with that. If you start to wear the tips down you may need to replace them - but mine are original and 3 years old and not showing any wear yet.

My guess is whoever left marks may have gotten too close to the door and left marks with the blades. When you tilt forward/down, you need to remember clearance from the blade to the door.

What's really cool is having other operators stop and watch you work. This thing is amazing.

I'm going back into commercial work this year (hard to keep an old plow jockey down!) and look forward to showing off this remarkable blade!.

12. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I dig that curved plow they have. Cant recall the name, but looks great for commercial work where no backdragging is needed, but how practical is that.

Or can you backdrag at all with it. I dunno, but I dig it.

13. golden arches

Fallsway Equipment (Akron area) told me they still have serveral of the old metal "C" plows. Hiniker switched to poly a couple of years ago. The sm told me they are making deals on them if anyone is looking for a new 8' plow.

14. 04chevyHD4me

04chevyHD4me Junior Member

Getting a new C plow

As I write this, my HD is getting fitted with a new C plow.
    Based on what I read here, I can't wait to get it and put it to use.
    It looks to be a great time saver.

15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

If you can get some pictures we would love to see it. I thought about getting this plow because back dragging loading docks with fishers is very time consuming.

16. golden arches

JT, wish I had some good pix to send you. This plow is at home whenever there is a lot of back dragging to do. Everyone I have spoken to that has one says the same.. Cuts plow time in half. Worth the investment.

I do my church lot that has an island and a curved sidewalk approach. It was a nightmare before. Now I backdrag the difficult area, and straight plow to finish. The handicap area used to have to be hand shoveled to clean.. now 2 swipes back and it's done. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  17. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

anyone ever get any pics?

18. 04chevyHD4me

Got the C installed.

I picked up my truck on Friday and the plow looks good. Everything seems to work good and it looks like fun. I will have to get used to the distance from the garage before I lay it to back drag, but that is a minor detail. The corner guides will want to touch the door and I may take them off, don't know.

If it stops raining before dark, I will get some pictures for you guys to see it.
    :nod:

19. golden arches

I found the best way to approach a garage door is to lower the blade about 1/2 way so the markers are pointing straight forwarder. When they hit the door you know you have about 1 foot. I lower the blade into the backdrag position, and then move up another 6 inches.

You'll want to play with yours to make sure the clearance is the same.

20. 04chevyHD4me

Some pics

Here you go guys, pics of the C-plow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]