1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Business Update

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MstChief, Sep 8, 2003.

1. MstChief

MstChief Junior Member

Well, I have solicited my potential clients and worked through my rough draft of a contract. Thanks so much to the site for the guidance! I have copies of 15 letters of intent to contract for plowing residential driveways, pending formal contract.

I think you guys have convinced me to get a western straight blade, polycarb. I just bought an inverter to put in my truck to plug in and start my snowblower, computer and printer.

Helpful Selling Tool:
    In talking with my clients, I took digital photos of their driveways. The will be used in my truck when plowing. When I am done plowing I will take more digital photos, print them out in my truck and print out the invoice at time of completion.

In my contract I have included an area for personal indemnification from slip and fall, and damage related to miss placement of markers. If I, damage something, yard, stone wall, garage door, it's on my dime. Being a newbie, I will probably be using my snow blower alot in areas which I feel are risky.

So, dropping down some coin on the plow, lights, etc. I hope we get alot of snow.

For those trying to find Kimberton: If your local to me I can share some other great areas for residential plowing. I can't and don't want to be a risk to this fine profession and am willing to share.

Thanks again for the help!!:angel:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just one note on your invertor.While it may run the computer\printer,it will probably not start your blower,and may even do damage.

The current required for electric motors is a fair bit.That current can jump 3 times that during intial start up (surge current).It may be beyond the current rating of your invertor.

Most good blowers will start first pull anyways,so it takes less time to pull it than to hook up the extension cord to start it.

3. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Dog gone it Chris do you EVER work????? You're right of course but at least it's probably only the inverter that will be wrecked.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Been at work since 6:30 am this morning.Not to busy right now though. :D

5. MstChief

MstChief Junior Member

I was wondering if there is a place where someone can review my contract. This is just for residential customers only. The clients are ready, but I want to make sure I don't jump in too deep.:)

6. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Even if the invertor is healthy enough to start the blower, I wonder if there wouldn't be a voltage drop that'd play games with the computer?

Which, as far as the computer goes, I wonder if it's such a good idea to have in the truck in the first place? We keep written logs, but I never seem to finish the day without getting the darn things wet somehow, at least once. I imagine a computer would like that even less. Also, even though I realize their importance, when I'm feeling pushed it's hard to slow down long enough to fill the log out before taking off for the next place. I can't imagine wanting to take a picture and generate an invoice too. :eek:

(Not trying to throw cold water on your ideas, but the more technology you're carrying around with you, the more stuff there is to break. I like to keep things simple.)