1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Business Cards

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by serafii, Mar 15, 2010.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

finally got some new business cards designed. just curious as to what u guys think.

Attached Files:

2. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

I like the white background, dont like the blue because you loose the green over it.

Paysagiste means Landscape right?

How come you didn't put any English on the front? Would everyone in Montreal just understand what your card is about?

Like the layout though!!!
  3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Yea the white or the blue the black are too dark

looking good
  4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

The blue one wasn't really an option the designer just threw it in there for fun.

I'm not crazy about the white background because they seem very plain.

I'm leaning towards the 3rd on because I like the black background and the white "v" wake it stand out a lot more.

And ya paysagiste means landscaping. Reason I didn't put any english on the front is because down here french is the main language when it comes to business names. And also because it says paysagiste on my truck.
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

double sided cards are a waste
    people don't ever look at the back of a card

even business card holders put them back to back so that information gets lost.

business cards are about transferring your contact information, not advertising what you do.
    don't confuse the two.

forget all the stuff on the back

I like the white one.
    neat little logo, easy to read and grab your number off of.

are your trucks brown? is your marketing scheme brown? then you should go with the brown one, but otherwise the white.

just add your tagline on the front so people don't forget what you do.
    "landscaping and snow removal professionals"

(or whatever your tagline is)
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

An increasing # of people are using email to contact us... you might consider adding your address to it. I like the black with white letters too.
  7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Heres mine...... I personally don't think its a waste to put info on the back...but I agree with the email or even a web site on your cards! And as a side note, This is exactly how my signs appear on my truck, loader, and skid.......Brand recognition

Affordable Plowing Services 3-10.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

your business card is your contact info

name, position
    phone (s)
    website address
    email address
    mailing address
    fax #, etc, etc, etc

and your brand
    it's not necessarily advertising, it's part of your marketing plan. (you don't list what you do, unless it's real obvious or just one thing)
  9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

We use the back of ours for services and a few people have even commented about it being a good thing.

I also like the white V the best.

Something that is often overlooked it card stock. I went cheap on mine and I kind of regret it. A thicker card has a nice way of working for you, I can't explain it, but sometimes you get a really thin one and it just doesn't feel right.
  10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

When I get a business card I enter it in my phone and throw away the card. it is just for contact info. Most people know what you do when you hand them the card. Unless you are posting it on a board at a resturant, then the back can't be seen anyway.

FYI, the spelling is way off on your card. I couldn't read a thing on it. LOL