1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Brine Sprayer setup

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 86 CJ, Sep 10, 2014.

1. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Hey guys,

I have a friend who is has spent some time designing this Brine sprayer system. I plan on picking one up for the upcoming winter season to replace my Rocks Salt applications on my accounts. What do you guys think of the setup?

http://vimeo.com/48144972

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't do liquid, but.... Looks good.

3. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I would be surprised if that machine can properly pre-treat pavement at 10 mph, but it looked to be spraying okay. Kubota will have the final say in this matter.

Michael

4. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Its rated to properly function at 8mph. He has been in the industry for a long time and is pretty well known in the Salt and Chem business. He came out with this new product last season and has already been selling to Landscapers I know. They are Happy with the product. I was just throwing out on here for others to check out. Once I lock in My big account this year, I will be looking at making a purchase, just need to figure out pricing per gallon comparing to the 50lb bags of Rock Salt I was putting down....

5. CowboysLC_DE

I haven't had time to build one this Summer so I may end up buying one.

But, don't plan on replacing rock salt all together with liquid de-icer. At least not the first year, you will most likely still need to apply rock salt during certain storms. I plan to only use liquids as a pre-treament this season and if I can use liquids for everything then I will. But i'm not putting all chips in that pot.

Michael

6. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Yes, this will be a trial to see how well it does pre treating, and how well it does after plowing. I am headed on an ATV trip next week with the guy who selks them and some others that are in the landscape industry, so will be asking a lot of questions as we sit around the fire at night drinking some beers :)

7. Rickysnow

Rickysnow Junior Member

What is the price tag?

8. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I believe its right around $2400

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Several companies here switched to pre treating road ways and lime them but not happy with post treatment

10. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

:eek: seriously? $2400? for that?.... $1,000.00 is a little more realistic for that thing...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  11. CowboysLC_DE

edit: Sorry, those numbers I just posted were from a different dealer.

Michael

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  12. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

You can buy one from the guy who makes them on here for probably a really good price and way better product. Get it looks like a good little sprayer to start out with. I know its not really the same, but i pre treat my driveway and sidewalk and it works really good. Post treatment- for me depends on what tip i use shower or pencil but pencil works good just have to put more liquid down.

13. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Its not some guy who made it in his back yard. He is a salt distributor that his been in the industry for 25 years. I have not seen a less expensive product that runs remotly and is as simple and light weight as it is. I will be with guys who have tested it in the industry next week.
    As far as $1000, you could barely by a new descent tailgate spreader for that, so I don't think you can compare, go build your own and see what u spend. Please post links to similar systems for sale...

14. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

wow, I built my first sprayer years ago for a couple hundred bucks. 275 gallon tote with 3.8 gallon pump and spray bar with 5 sprayer tips cost me around $400 with all the fittings and hoses. Could only spray at a few mph even put 2 pumps on it. That's way too much for that unit. I run a gas pump now and can spray from 5 to 20 mph depending on the amount per acre.

15. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

16. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

17. Kubota 8540

I would say go small gas, once you have the pump and spray bar setup, you can always increase the size/capability of tank/valves fairly easily.

18. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

So small gas, likr a $300 pump from Harbor Freight? I am also not going to be able to mix my own brine, but will be looking at 275g totes to buy already mixed of something. I dont have storage for brine maker.

19. Kubota 8540

Yes, As long as its a POLY type pump, that will work (no rust). Honda or Briggs & Stratton would be my choices.

Do you have an area of 2' x 2' 3' or 2' x 4' x4'? For the small quantity you seem to need, all you need is that much space. Actually there are many ways to make brine without a LARGE brinemaker. 1 of those involves using your sprayer pump and tank. All you need is 1 more small 100 gallon container?

20. CowboysLC_DE

Not harbor freight, get the briggs with pacer pump from Tractor Supply. They have free shipping. But leave one for me, I went to the Elkton store today and they were out of the model I wanted. I'm gonna sit down and order mine after I eat this dinner.

Michael