1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 042500hd, Sep 19, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Looking at getting a new Boss 8'2" V XT to replace my 2004 7'6" Boss. Only need the plow and controller as I already have everything else installed. The prices I'm getting are crazy nearly $5400 for the plow and controller no installation, wiring harness or plow frame. Anyone else think that price is crazy? They are only asking $5700 for the same thing fully installed with all the necessary accessories. This is the same with all 3 boss dealers in the Buffalo area. If anyone has advice on where I could get one cheaper I'd appreciate it. I don't mind traveling either if it means saving some money. I'm a small business and like to support other local small businesses but not when I'm being over charged. IMO
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You were at General Welding.Installed 8.2 vplow is 4800.00 plus tax that is with a handheld and installed.
  3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

General is one of the dealers who quoted $5400. This is for the new VXT series though not a standard V. Maybe i need to be looking at a regular V but the new smartlights on the VXT are really nice.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't have to buy the VXT to get the new style lights....all '08-'09 model plows will have them.
  5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

if you want to drive to marcy, ny to get it you can got to stahl's, that would be about a 3-3 1/2 hr. drive for you.. let me know if your interested ill get a price for yea, or pm me and ill give yea there number.
  6. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

this is the boss dealer here where i live 315-782-5693 ask for chuck, call and see what there prices are. This is in watertown ny.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Post pics of your current plow. Might be interested in it if you want to sell it. Providing you get your vee.
  8. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Will put up pics tomorrow. Found a 8'2" V XT for $4500 from a dealer in Maryland. So I will br looking to generate some revenue with the sale of my straight blade. Thanks for all the replys.

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You know you are 700 miles ( one way) from him?
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For what you going to pay for gas and all your time just go to General Welding and get them to do it.By the time your done your going to save about 200.00
  12. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Check it out

I'll check out General again tomorrow maybe if I go see them in person the price will be a little better. I can't believe that there's a $1000 difference between the two dealers. I'm also getting the frame and harness for $4500 which I was not getting locally.

I went to New Jersey last winter for a 8 foot straight blade.
  14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Why don't you sell your current plow to someone saying that you'll provide a new truck side, wiring and used control - then you order a plow from someone like CPW set up for the truck you sold your old plow to.

I've done this before - it actually makes it easier to sell a plow by offering a truck side for any truck.