1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 10elawncare, Dec 7, 2007.

1. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

I snapped a quick picture this afternoon. I will get some more up soon.... [​IMG]

8' Boss Trip-Edge. Hopefully it will see some snow soon. More than the flurries we got today.

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Good Luck Son....and Great Choice

3. 10elawncare

thank you ! I had a question too, should I put a cutting edge on it? and also should it be the steel,poly or rubber?

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

LOOKS TO ME THE CUTTIN EDGE IS THERE SON....NEVER SEEN A TRIP EDGE POLY B-4 THO

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I don't see a cutting edge on there. The material depends on what your doing. I've always used steel since I imagine the rubber or poly would wear real fast. I'm not sure though.

6. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Rubber Will Quik....poly Wont @ 35.00 Ft

7. 10elawncare

Do they make cutting edges for the trip-edge plows? or are they just for the straight blades.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

You have a cutting edge on there it is bolted on the front of the trip edge. They don't sell new plows with out a cutting edge. I just looked at the pic closer and there is no bolts in the wholes I would call your dealer and tell them to get you one.

9. 10elawncare

Didnt know that they were supposed to come with one! Thanks for the info I will give him a call today!

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Other wise you would destroy the trip edge and have to replace that and I'm sure it will be alot more expensive then a cutting edge.

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get the steel edge.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks bad ass man!

13. 10elawncare

14. 10elawncare

the 2nd one is a little bit better then the youtube vid...

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice set up. happy to see another guy in CT with a Boss!

16. 10elawncare

thanks! where abouts in CT are you?

maybe we will be using them tomorrow? Hopefully?

17. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

That puppy is looking pretty good, what is the deal with the cutting edges on those. Do you put one on after the first year like the fishers?

18. 10elawncare

I dont know anything about the cutting edges. I do know that i hooked up the plow tonight and it feels like im losing power steering. drove around all day today with no plow and it was fine, as soon as i hooked it to the plow it acted up... any ideas?

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Plows are heavy. More weight on front tires puts more friction between them and the pavement, which makes it harder to steer.

I notice it in my truck too. Mainly only at a complete stop, on pavement(not icey), and when cold.

20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

elawn- im in Rocky Hill.
    about the cutting edge, let it wear down before you throw a blade on. depending on your use, could be one or 2 years. im on my second year and still not down very far at all on the factory edge.