1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Wings Installed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowremoval4les, Nov 22, 2012.

1. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Finally decided to pay the money, and add the wings. After about 5 hours working till 2 am and waking up at 8 thanksgiving morning I got them installed! Now it's the waiting game for the Nebraska snow! Wings are added on my Boss Standard Duty 7'6 that I bought last year. After hearing everyones comments on how awesome they are, i'm looking forward to using them!ussmileyflag

A couple more pictures can be seen here:

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Looks meaner from inside the cab lol.
  3. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

I couldn't agree with you more. It was actually crazy driving with them it felt like a whole new plow!
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

well I see you going have trail off snow in between the wing and the plow

You might add some thin rubber from steel edge to the wing to keep the snow from tailing out that crack
  5. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

That's the only thing that is bothering me about them. The wing cutting edges are as far over as they will go so i'm going to have to do something like you said above. I'll figure something out, hopefully
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Those will sure add to your push !!
  7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

8. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

The small gaps between the plow and wing cutting edged shouldn't't be as bad as you might think. Snow will plug it and you'll have little to no spillage. One thing you will notice when your plowing is your plow will chatter because your cutting edge on your plow is wore down and your wing edges are new. Once the rubber wears even with the plow cutting edge it will be fine. If the wing rubber is pushed up all the way and they still are to low, take a grinder and grind the rubber until it matches the plows edge.
  9. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

That's what I was thinking too... We'll see how they do. Thanks for the advise millsaps!
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

when I put new edges on my wings I go to a back road and lower the blade to where the steel edge isnt touching just the wing edges and drive till they wear even to the steel edge

You will loose snow in the crack mine did till I fix them wont with wet snow but dry powder snow and slush you will loose
    All depends how picky you are
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  11. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

Maaaaaaaan! Maaaaaaan! That iiiiiiissssh right there is bad ass!

My kids call me an old kid....sry bout the slang! haha
  12. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

I run Boss wings on my V blades and they are great. Super easy on easy off. I cant even imagine plowing without them now.
  13. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Thanks man!

Driving down the road with them on my straight blade I can't imagine them on a V! I know when the time comes and I get a V they will be added to it! Easy on and off is the best part too. I have a few smaller lots I can take them off to get into tight spots which i'm sure i'll have to do.