1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss vxt question in scoop position

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by twobuckss, Jan 4, 2013.

1. twobuckss

twobuckss Junior Member

Just installed a 8.2 steel Boss Power VXT..Blade is level on ground while in V , or angled but when in the scoop position i have close to a half inch gap that gets even higher toward the outer ends of the wing? is this normal or is there a correction to fix this..

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it's needs an adjustment. Move the center bumper forward about two holes and recheck it. If it needs more then the best approach is to move the pushbeam up one set of holes and then move the center bumper back to compensate for the major pushbeam adjustment.

3. twobuckss

twobuckss Junior Member

thank you for the advice i appreciate your help..it was no easy task to move the center bump, had to take the four springs off the mount to get the plow to move..not sure if that was the correct way but was only way we could figure it out..it seemed to help a little but am now looking at making an adjustment on pushbeam like you suggested..It appears I would have to cut some of the factory bumper away..Before I go and do this is this normal or am I looking at it wrong? What exactly do the four springs on the mount do? Is there some kind of fine tuning here that can be done to help level out the plow?? Was thinking of loosening them anyhows since when the plow is in full scoop it does not lift up very well..Once i back off the scoop position a little it raised with ease..thanks again

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

If it doesn't lift up well in full scoop with no load of snow, sounds to me like you're low on fluid.

It's one of the "easy" ways to check fluid level. If you have it in scoop, both cylinders fully extended, then try to lift, you're using the most fluid you'll ever use.

If the motor sounds like it's missing, you're low on fluid flow.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do not use the trip spring tension to "set" the plows adjustment

A major adjustment is done with the pushbeam, and a minor is done with the bumper pad. Although you already did the bumper pad adjustment the hard way, here's the easy way. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=88814

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My pad disappeared years ago. Now it floats over the lot.