1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New BOSS vXT 7.6' Price?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by silvrevo, Jul 21, 2014.

1. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

Im looking here soon to purchase a Boss vXT 7.6' plow for my 2013 reg cab Tundra.

What price should I expect to pay installed and ready to roll?
    And what can a guy do to ask for discounts?

Also I have read some the 3/4 ton trucks should run something longer than a 7.6' blade cause their rear tires will run over the snow when turning.

Im pretty sure 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton trucks are the same width, so what gives?

Thanks in advance!:cool:

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

7' 6" is too Small for that Truck......Try an 8' 2" Model......A Tundra is 3/4 tonne right......I don't know Mulch about Foreign Truck Models

As for price .....All depends on the Dealer....Why don't you do a search of your area and go into and talk to a Dealer....The relationship you have with your dealer is important.......As for discounts....Maybee if you buy 10 plows they might throw in a Hat and a Free pizza......:drinkup:

3. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Not going to get any discounts other then free installation if you buy before September. The 8'2" will be around $6,000 but prices aren't out yet as far as I know, my dealer said to come back at the end of July.

Michael

4. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

So why is the 7.6' too small a plow for my tundra ?

5. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

As long as it clears your tires when it is in V or Scoop mode then it's not to small. If this is your personal plow or your only doing driveways then you should be fine. But if you plan to do commercial jobs then you need to complete the task at hand in the most efficient way possible. They discontinued the Power V, which i'm gonna guess would have cost you $5,000. The Power VXT is gonna run you around $5,400 for the 7'6".

That is my best guess, last year I paid $5,600 for my 8'2" Power V installed. My dealer said to expect the VXT to cost around $400 more.

Michael

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Give me a shout, we have them in stock, we also have 8.2 and 9.2 flat tops in stock as well

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Tundra IS NOT a three quarter ton truck.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Well they tend to talk like it is...

I don't know much about them either.

9. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

It's built like one
    And I have beefy front springs on the tundra

But thanks for the heads up about my truck!

: )

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic