1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new boss vplow ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wiseguyslawn, Nov 15, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Got a new plow and just moved some leaves with it and noticed a drag mark in the center of the pass in the scoop position. After getting out and looking i noticed the center was on the ground while the edges of the wings wer slightly off the ground. And when in the V positon i noticed the opposite. First thing is im going to take off the shoes. anyone else run across or any advice. Im hoping alot of it was there was no snow for it to glide across.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is the old style cutting edge with 2 pieces and a center puck? Just pull the pin and take some washers off and you won;t have that problem.

PS is this a new cutting edge?

3. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

its a brand new plow, first boss vplow. So ill try with the shoes first. Try and post pics tom. for any further help. thanx

4. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I have the new cutting edges and do not run shoes at all. I do both gravel and paved lots. I do believe but do not quote me.. other guys might verify this.. I was told that the new plows do not come with shoes and it works better without them...

As far as the old style edge... I had shoes on it and HATED the puck thing in the middle!!!

5. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

most likely the hook up on your truck should be changed. It has like 5 or 6 differnt hights you can bolt it at and I would be willing to bet its off. When the center hits in V and the outsides in scoop you should try lowering the mount on your truck to change the angle. one or two more settings down should do the trick!

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

After you plow with it a few hours it will even it self out. Its just the way it is when you have 3 contact points.

7. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

You have the new cutting edge with the curb gaurds and stuff. Before you go unbolting your mount and all that business do this.
    *1- Check the height of your mount. Measure from the ground to the center of the top pin reciever hole. If you have between a 7'6" and a 9'2" then it should be 15 1/2" if you have bigger it should be 16 1/2" If that is within a 1/4 inch then your golden.

Next- Lift your plow, Take off the shoes! Put it in full scoop then have someone push down on the wing as to trip the plow forward. Look in the center of the plow, behind the Moldboard on the plow fram. You will see a bolt and a plate with a slotted adjustment grove. This is a rubber adjustment pad with a groved metal plate. Move it Back to raise the wings when in scoop and forward to lower them. The plate and the rubber deal are seperate so make sure you get them to move together.

Hope that helps. If you need some pics let me know.

Joe.

8. esshakim

esshakim Senior Member

I had that same problem what you need to do is in the center of the push frame there is a single bolt with a plate under it make sure the bolt is in the center of the plate if not loosen it and push the plate forward and then tighten the bolt and it should solve your problem.

9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The A frame is not sitting parallel with the ground. The mount needs to be lowered on the truck.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Careful how much you adjust it now. You have to have the truck in whatever plowing configuration you normally run it at in order to set final blade pitch. This included any ballast/load/rear mounted spreader...as it WILL change the blade pitch once it is.

If they're now less than a 1/2" off and you run the truck loaded in the rear, DON'T touch it. It will be fine once its loaded. :salute:

11. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Mine digs a 2" groove into the pavement when its scooped or a little scooped. only over uneven pavement usually. Friend of mine has a high spot in the middle of the driveway, few more years of plowing it, and I should have it down.