1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new boss vplow ? cont. w/ pics

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wiseguyslawn, Nov 16, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Tried to get close up pics of mounting and the plate behind the V as well as howw off the blade sits. I would like to go as high as I can with the mount so their is no chance of catching on driveways when going up the curb. Thanks again for any suggestions.
    1st-pic in v position
    2nd- scoop
    3rd scoop

2. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

I would trip the plow and move the plate forward one hole. I also try to run my mount as high as possible and adj. with the pitch.

you can un hook the plow from the truck and in normal siting position stand on the frame to trip it and wedge a 2x6 between the top of the plow and the light bar. about a 20" piece. and then move that pitch adj forward. One hole and you should be golden!
  3. wiseguyslawn

so r u thinking the mount is as high as it can go i see more holes but i dont know if I can go higher without interferring w/the bumper.

So your saying move the pitch as in the picture to the left or all the way forward.

Thanks you have been a great help.
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I think the mount needs to go up higher.

Mine is at the right height but alot of times, in the V position, the outside edges will hit the ground and there will be a gap in the middle of the plow, once you start rolling, it all levels out.
  5. wiseguyslawn

stroker i take it your outside edges hit in the v when in transport? i have the gap in the middle in the middle in the V and too much pressure in the middle when in the scoop.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Raise the pushbeam one set of bolt holes and move on.
  7. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Look in your manual. You need to have the center of the reciever pin hole 15.1/2 inches off the ground. set that and go from there. You can get away with 16 1/2 (super duty set) but you will have to roll the pitch all the way back to get it to sit right. Thats what i did.
  8. wiseguyslawn

i know u guys r frustrated w/me but i do appreciate the help. 1 hole towards the truck or 2?
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah is your pushbeam 15" off the ground, even my 6k front springs 06 f350 diesel is about 14.5" mounted at the very bottom of the push brackets, if its like 13" that could be why.
  10. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Move the push beam up one set of holes.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

See above ^^^

And for those guys who preach the 15.5" gospel... it doesn't mean 15.5" will set it perfect every time. 15.5" is your initial STARTING point..you move them up or down from there until the wings lay flat in all positions. Doesn't matter what the measurement is once they are. :salute:
  12. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

One hole away. You want to roll your plow forward. Check push beam height first then go from there.
  13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Does this apply to the Western v also
  14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As far as adjusting the plow to get the wings flat yes it does. Except on the Westerns you can't simply move the mount up or down since there isn't any adjustably in the mount, not on an Ultra at least.

To give them a fine adjustment you simply change the adjustment between the front and rear T-frames on the plow side by loosening up the locking bolts and adjusting the T-frame up or down until the wings are flat against the ground. And hopefully it's just a fine adjustment that it requires. Because if it needs a major adjustment (to compensate for a major tire size upgrade for example) you have to tear it apart and change the settings on the pivot plates as you only have so much adjustability in the T-frame movement/adjustment.
  15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

my 06 f350 has 6k front springs, sits the highest any stock ford f350 does from the factory and mines only 15" exactly , 1/2" too low for the 8'2 v xt, my bolts are through the bottom most holes though, didnt wanna start cutting up the bumper :/

I never checked on pavement last season to see if it does what yours is doing or not, i assumed it was flat, maybe it wasnt?
  16. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Do you still have the lower valance on the bumper?

My pushbeam is one hole up the bottom....but I have the lower valance removed. And now I have 7000lb springs.