1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss V question?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Landmark1, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

I just got a guote for a new 8'2" Boss V $3000.00 plus trading in my 5 year old 8' straight blade. Just wonder if I should go for it? Any input? Thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well most Boss V plows sell for around 5-6000 installed. So they're giving you about 2 grand for your old one.

3. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

$2600.00 to be exact, just on the fence about spending the money.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take care of it and it will last for years .

5. tilawn

tilawn Member

ummm yeah that is a hell of a deal I think. with trading your okd one in saves you time and energy of trying to sell it afterwards

6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Go for it, you won't be disappointed

7. rickbays

rickbays Member

This is my 1st year for the vee plow and i will never plow with a stright blade again.

8. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

I've been pricing 8'2 Boss' this past week. The best price I could find was $5,100 Installed.

9. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I second that! Ive been plowing for over 30 years...This also my first year with a Boss V.. I will NEVER go back to a straight blade!

10. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

goooood deal

11. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

I would take that in a second. My installer had a hell of a time to find me a 7'6" V anywhere in MN, and after weeks of waiting, I finally got it on my truck today. And yes, I did pay more than $5100. At this time of year, I couldn't expect any hot deals on a Boss plow.

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You will love the V.

13. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

7'6" V???? What do you have it on, a S10???? Snap some pic's, I've never seen a 7'6" V, I know Boss makes 'em, just never seen one.

Landmark-- Do the deal....once you use it the money you spent to upgrade won't EVER be an issue.

14. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Millsaps118,

I put the 7'6" V on a 04 Chevy 1500 Z71 Crew. Boss only recommended only going up to a 7'6" straight blade, but with front timbrens and some ballast, it seems fine so far. First plow I've ever had, and it's my primary vehicle for now, so I plan on not beating the s#!t out of either of them.

Once I figure out how to upload pics, I will try to get some on here shortly.

15. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Oooo...I figured your rig was not big enough to handle the weight of a 8'2". Who found you a 7'6" ? Smith, Plow World, or Aspen?

Get those pic's, it'd be cool to see a 1/2 ton with a Boss V !

16. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Got it through a local sub distributor that was dealing with Crysteel equipment in Fridley.

17. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Got it through a local sub distributor that was dealing with Crysteel equipment in Fridley.

Wasn't told - nor care - where Crysteel got/swapped it from. Their last semi load about 10 days back didn't have anything smaller than an 8'2" V, and I was a chicken to try it with the extra weight. Have to live with the decision to err a bit on the safe side.

18. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

A smaller plow can come in handy, as you also have the versatility to go through drive-throughs and bank drive ups or the option to go bigger with some wings if you want to. There are just some places you can't go with a big plow.

19. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Yes please post some pics of your 7'6 V where as I am looking to try to find one now and put it on my truck.

20. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Are you trading in your 8' straight blade and keeping your existing truck & wiring harness?
    If this is the case, I would ask them to install the dual burn relay kit on your harness.
    Either way, a new v-blade with SmartLock cylinders costs about $1000 over the price of a straight blade...Not such a bad deal considering the new lights are much better!