1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Boss V installed, truck detailed, and new tape

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Dec 3, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, I finally got my new Boss V installed. It was $1000 cheaper than the VXT, so naturally I didn't think the extra 1000 was worth the ability to throw snow farther. (even though that Vxt does look awesome)

So I spent a few hours, and detailed the truck today, and then added some of that reflective tape to the sides and back. Next is to add some LED lights and then I'm all outfitted on this truck!

100_0688 (1).jpg

100_0697 (1).jpg

100_0694 (1).jpg

2. merrimacmill

from MA

And heres a front shot of the plowussmileyflag

100_0693 (1).jpg

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Nice spit shine! Sweet setup. I think I'd rather save the $1000 also.

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

very very nice enjoy it

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks, this is the rig I'm thinking of bringing on saturday. Just like mystic, I cannot decide what truck to bring, either of the two work trucks or my personal truck.

Here is with the flash on my new reflective tape. This should add some nice, inexpensive sideward visibility.

100_0698.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  6. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

i love boss vs but i only like ther vs and fisher strait blades all the way

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i like that one but the black chevy is pretty sick too. i only have one truck so its not a problem for me its just making the time to get down there

8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the same truck that had the box ( bed ) on it before? so you must have switched it over to a dumper?!! But yeah, it REALLY stands out good! Beauty! :nod:

9. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Nice looking truck and plow, I would add a snow deflector to the plow. The notch at the V will throw snow up onto your hood and windshield.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great......very sharp!:redbounce

11. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

very nice setup, im looking at prices to get my two trucks lettered up, how much did that cost you

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I'm the total opposite! lol, I'd a thrown the VXT on er, but thats just me! LOL I seem to have high$ taste all the time :drinkup: Merrimac's blade rocks tho! :waving:

13. merrimacmill

from MA

No, I bought this one in May with the dump bed already on it. I was/still am thinking of getting a downeaster flat bed, having it top and bottom coated in line-x and mounted onto the black GMC 3500 instead of the pick-up bed though.

14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking rig!!!!!!!! I'm bringing mine over for ya to detail, nice job. Wheel simulator's would complete that truck, JMO

15. merrimacmill

from MA

It was $350 for the front fenders, doors, website on the head board, and the lettering on the tailgate. And that is with a lot of colors, in that logo I have yellow, white, black, and green. So the sign guy had to do a few layers to get that effect. Probibly a lot cheaper if you don't do all the layers of different colors.

16. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, I usually am like you in the sense of the high$ taste but I just couldn't get over the extra 1000. I was going to do it until I thought of it being 1/3 of a sander, then I backed off. But you with your 10,000 dollar XLS, geez!;) I could buy two of these plows for that and probibly still have money to stop by hooters on the way home:cool:

But seriously, that XLS and Blizzard design is really cool and if boss made one, I'd own it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  17. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looks sweet! Looks like the bigger brother to my 07 2500HD. What plans do you have for a spreader on it?

18. merrimacmill

from MA

Well, right now none. I am however thinking of adding a 1.7 yd Henderson V-box to my 06 3500 GMC SRW. Reason I'm not adding a larger spreading and putting it in the dump is because I don't want to loose the ability of hauling snow if need be without having to remove a V-box.

I was considering a tailgate spreader, but I don't want to rust my bed out.

19. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

But seriously, that XLS and Blizzard design is really cool and if boss made one, I'd own it.[/QUOTE]

exactly my thoughts, i love my boss v's too much to jump ship and like having all my equipment the same brand for ease of maintenance. rig looks nice mac, dot tape is awesome, i have it on my enclosed trailer and on my backrack and it definately is reflective...

if i were you id run either the black work truck or your personal truck to the meet.

20. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Very nice. Boss all the way!!!!