1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss V Box Salt Spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jbell36, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

we are considering buying one of these but we are a little concerned on the capacity…on our current v box we are able to put wood sides on top to carry more salt…would sides be possible for the new boss spreader considering it's all poly?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure it's possible but I wouldn't do it.Your warranty if needed will most likely be voided plus the extra weight on the auger or chain might pose issues,thus---back to the warranty issue.

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I want one as well, it would look great on my rig... Is it electric? Whats the price?

4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Fully Electric.. Think it was around $5300-$5600.. You have the choice of a full length auger (Better for salt) or a drag chain like conveyor.. Better for sand/ salt mix

5. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

$5600 here

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Give us a call, we have them in stock, price is right