1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New boss v 8'2"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACS, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ACS

ACS Member

Hey well some of you know I was debating on which size of plow and poly or steel . Well I decided on 8.2 poly . I wanted the steel , then they sold out and werent ordering anymore in we only have 1 dealer in my city.
    Enough Talking heres some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ACS

ACS Member

3. ACS

ACS Member

First and last photos show sag , which is very little . I also put timbrens in the front to help with the extra weight of the plow.

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Now THATS a plow truck! Nice setup!

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice!

Not really digging the razorback with the lightbar on it, I think some kind of a backrack type deal would look better. But its your truck, not mine. :nod:

6. ACS

ACS Member

Thanks on the comments . but for the backrack , it came with the truck and its custom made by a company in Ontario. I actually like it , it grows on you its something different Its better then seeing the same rack on every truck going down the road No offence I thought about backrack I will use them on my other vehicles when that time comes .

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

nice plow and truck, that looks like it will stack some serious snow

8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

looks good. are you going to sticker up the truck or no???

9. ACS

ACS Member

I havent really decided that yet , I have thought about it . But for now I might just get those magnet door panel advertisements .

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That is the perfect plowing set up there. Why did you want the steel, I think the Poly is better, JMO

Where are you located in Ont.?

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck and plow!payup

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Poly is better but steel is stronger in the Boss, I would also buy the poly though. Sweet looking truck ACS,

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice plow and truck.

I like the poly better less maintenance.

I wish Western made the pro plus in poly.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could always go with a Pro Plus poly V Steve.

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I know B&B but I really don't need a V.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have any residential accounts at all, once you have one you'll wonder how you did without it. ;)

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thats what I heard B&B but I only do 3 residential now I have gone all commercial now.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think your just looking for an excuse Steve. :D

19. JayMac

JayMac Member

That whole rig is what I hope to buy after this winter, front to back top to bottom. Looks great! I first thought that it was a short bed, that rack gives a little optical illusion.

20. ACS

ACS Member

Im located in Sudbury .

Hey thanks for all the great comments , I wanted the steel just for the sake of it being stonger and if I ever hit anything or did some damage I could just weld a piece on here or there .Or In 3 years repaint the whole plow and make it look brand new again .

But Im pretty happy so far with the poly ...side note for some people looking into these and they always say I thought the poly would be lighter , the only reason it weights more is theres extra bracing in behind the plow , alot of people think its just the poly its self.