1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new boss unlevel when angled??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey guys, i just put my plow on myself a couple weeks ago and while every thing works excellent on it i ran into a little snag and wondering if there is a way to correct it. i mounte my new boss straight blade on my 2003 gmc 1500, and when the plow is angled to the right, the right side of the blade is alot lower, and same happens when turned to the left, the left side is lower. when i put the mount on the truck, i set it as close to 16" as possible, its in the lowest setting, and the plow goes on hassle free and comes off as well. is there any way to correct this?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If I understand your question right. NO. Have you had a plow before?
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

It sounds like the normal arch a plow makes.........do you have any pictures???
  4. Onebadbowtie86

Yes, i have had a plow before, but i really dont remember my meyer having quite so much arch to it.
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am not sure if the boss pushes snow higher (stacks) but it should and if it does then.........when you have it lifted higher in the middle of the arch (straight) and then move it left or right........it will and will apear to come closer to the ground........left on left and right on right.........

That sounds like what you have..........so different yes, bad, probly not........

Good luck
  6. Onebadbowtie86

it definetly stacks snow higher, i have plowed all of my accounts twice now this year, some 3 times. i plow mostly residential drives, 27 of them and 4 subdivisions and the boss seems to work very well in comparison to the meyer, i beleive the 4 springs and shock help though! thanks for the help
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it "appears" that its lower on both sides the SAME amount... then its the normal characteristic of the plow, just like Indy described.

The Boss's generally lift higher than a Meyer so they will appear to have more "lean" to them when angled.