1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss STD Duty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dodgetruckman731, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Finally got a blade, couple cranks of the torsion bars i should be doin good, maybe a little ballast haha, honestly didnt expect it to sag this much :eek: oh well if worst comes to worst ill throw some Timbrens on it. Also i have some fluid spray cant really find out where its coming from but i have the spatter on the plow and plow box you can kind of see it in the last picture , is a little spray normal or should i take it back to where they installed it to get it looked at?

Chris

Phone pics 033.jpg

Phone pics 035.jpg

Phone pics 036.jpg

Phone pics 037.jpg

Phone pics 038.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. Dodgetruckman731

Headlights sure are big compared to others, but its my first plow so it seems normal to me.

Phone pics 040.jpg

Phone pics 042.jpg

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup.. yea youll definately need some ballast for it, might not hurt to add timbrens as well. have somebody sit in the truck and run the blade through the motions and check for fluid leaking out.. just make sure to NOT get hit by the blade, that could make for a bad day :realmad: if you cant see any obvious leaks i would take it back to the dealer who installed it and just have them do a once over on it just to be on the safe side...

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

youll like the headlights better. i was checking them out at my boss dealers shop and they are a lot brighter, and put out more light. also they run both bulbs when you put the hi beams on which puts off a lot more light....

5. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Sweet set up anything new and shiny is fun to look at isn't it! Fluid could have come from the overflow, but I agree, wipe off the old old everywhere and run it through the motions and see if you can spot any leaks. Good luck plowing the drives this winter!:drinkup:

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice. Is that a 7 or 7.5 footer?

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice plow...sorry to hear you got an STD though

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Congrats there Chris!!! I know how bad you've been wanting a plow and i know how psyched you were this week to get it!!! It looks great dude! Definitely time for some timbrens/ballast =]

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess you'll be taking the Snoway out of your sig soon. LOL

10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

they didnt say anything to you about the weight issues on the dakota w/ the boss plows ??? good setup .. my plow shop discouraged me from BOSS and go with Snoway ....

11. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

if thats a 7.5 footer, i just got the same plow, except mine has 4 springs.very nice setup, out of curiousity, what did you pay for yours out the door?

12. Dodgetruckman731

Yeah its a 7'6", STD duty will be fine im just happy its not homeowner duty. It was $4175 out the door, rough price but its the going rate.

Chris

13. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

you are missing a trip spring...

14. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

Good spot. I thought that looked a little odd.

15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

No hes not...its a standard duty plow, they only have 3 springs. Super duty plows have 4 springs. Check the BOSS website if ya dont believe me. NICE looking setup there man!

16. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

im thinking that if its not leaking/ spraying out after you wipe it down mabey it hqappened to them while they were putting it on your truck. but always a safe idea to check it out and have them look at it just to be sure.

looks very nice. best of luck with it this winter

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up and truck good luck and have fun this winter.

18. Dodgetruckman731

Thanks for all the comments guys, if i wanted i could add another trip spring but i dont know if i will need to.

Chris

19. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Better watch it on the long trips though, that will make your truck overheat really fast!

20. Dodgetruckman731

Update:

I wiped everything off and it seems like it was just the overflow because i operate it now and there no spray what so every thanks fir the help guys.