1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Plow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DCSpecial, Nov 20, 2008.

1. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

After using Western straight blades on my last two trucks I decided to try out the Boss plows this time around. Went with the 9'2" Power-V XT on my 07 F-350.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've since swapped out the 6000lb coils springs on the truck for 7000lb springs, went with Bilstein 5100 series shocks and Icon Vehicle Dynamics Caster Cams and Adjustable trac bar. Earlier in the year I had tossed the stock steering stabilizer in the trash in favor of the Icon Vehicle Dynamics dual stabilizer.

Still need to add some Autometer gauges and some strobes or LEDs.

I put some PIAA 1500 Back Up Lamps in the rear bumper last year when I got the truck and had it painted. They are wired to come on when the truck goes into reverse and also hooked up to one of the upfitter switches in the truck:
    [​IMG]

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I am truly jealous....

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

could you throw up a pic of the whole truck. I want to see the color more lol. looks sharp.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

5. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

For reference, in April of 2007 it looked like this off of the dealer lot:

[​IMG]

Good pic of the color:
    [​IMG]

Truck:
    [​IMG]

Front sits around 3/4" taller now with the 7000lb coils in the front.

6. WilliamOak

Holy Sh*t.... I'm in love.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm on the fence about it. I can't decide if it looks awesome or a bit to light of blue for my liking. A tad bit darker and I'd be all over it.

8. WilliamOak

Those rims/tires just set it off. Congrats on having a beautiful truck!

9. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I agree, always photographs really light. In the sun it pops pretty good.
    Actually a GM color.

Thanks. Got them for a pretty good deal on ebay (Weld Renegades), had my buddy paint them charcoal.

10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Nice truck. Do you have any daytime pics of the lights in the rear bumper?

11. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Nice truck guy. What mods have you done to the motor?

12. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That's a beautiful truck, even for a ford. I'd hate to get it salty.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice rig and plow. Hope you get to use it alot this winter.

14. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice truck and BOSS. Sure will move a lot of snow. Good luck:salute:

15. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

where did u get the 7K springs from? going to pick up an 09 350 and considering putting in timbrens to keep the springs from wearing too fast. but i might consider going with a spring swap.

gonna be:
    09 350 long bed crew cab diesel.

16. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

looks real nice, too bad it has a blue oval on the truck. jk

17. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

[​IMG]

My buddy who painted the truck, wouldn't let me make the mounts as tight as I did on my other truck. Didn't want me to chip the paint or have salt and crap collect in there.

My other truck:
    [​IMG]

None other than a cat-back exhaust. I worry about head gaskets and since I drive a lot I can't afford for it to be broke down. 36,600 miles on it right now. Tow 9000-12,500lbs often.

I windowed the block on my 01 once....that wasn't any fun :D

I know. Pretty much avoided driving it all last winter. Only covered in salt once.
    Have some fender flares to get painted and install on it to cover up the 325mm wide tires I currently run. Most likely step down to a 305mm width next time.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping too.
    Thanks.

Thanks.

Bought the 7000lb coils at the dealer. I think I paid $54 each.
    Part number: 5C3Z-5310-AA

If I need more than that, I'm going to do the load assist bags inside the coils.

LOL, thanks.

18. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I Have the load assist bags on my 06 and they are woth there weight in gold.(especially for 75.00) Nice to see ya over here dc see you over on ford-trucks all the time

19. Johnnay Boy91

Johnnay Boy91 Member
    from MASS

looks great just make sure the pin going thrugh the A-frame horizontally has the nut tack welded on, they have a bad habit of backing off and causeing a lot of damage to the plow and its expencive to fix! my brother works and installs boss plows and has seen this a ton of time and every plow hes put together he tacks the nut on other than that good luck with it!!!