1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new boss plow ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by james1115, Dec 7, 2011.

1. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

Hey guys I am looking at a new boss 8.2 vxt. I have a 2007.5 dodge ram 2500 quad cab short bed with the 6.7 diesel. The dealer told me I should be fine even though on the boss web site it says only use the 7.5 steel or poly on my truck. Any opinions????? also I am new to the v plow game and want to make the right decision here. Is there a better plow that I should be looking at? hinker? fisher? western? meyers? I have had a fisher straight blade and a blizzard 810 in the past but I would like to try a new v and any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks
    James

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed it for you!

3. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Yup, GV fixed it for ya!!! Oh, and I also plow with a qcsb cummins! if you are really worried about it, throw some ssc 23 super springs in the front. that is what I did. this upgrade will also involve new shocks as it will raise the front of your truck up 2.5".

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

fixed what? I am lost! is that your way of saying the boss plows aren't good?......also I know I can do the front end leveling springs as I did this with my other ram but I really wanted to keep this truck stock looking. My other truck has the leveling kit with 35's and is a "TRUCK" where this truck is much nicer and more comfortable so I want to preserve that as long as I can lol. I can always add timbrens for the weight. I am also running 33 in tires so it did bring the truck up a little bit right there. What plow should I go with? have you had anty issues with your 8.2?

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Its his way of saying your choice is clear, buy the Boss! Their customer service is awesome and their dealer network really cares. You can't go wrong! I too have an 8.2 Vxt...but I Plow with a blue oval!

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Your truck will handle is fine....GV changed it from Looking to Buy to going to buy....Cant go wrong with the BOSS