1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Plow Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pierce Man, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Pierce Man

Pierce Man Junior Member

Company just bought a 2010 Ford F-250 crew cab with a gas engine. Do you think it could handle a 8' straight poly plow? We did install Air-Lift airbags on the front and rear. Also what are the differences in sport duty, standard duty, and super duty...Thank you

2. I have a 98 Dodge 3/4 ton. I put 1,860 lbs. of gravel in it today and it barely, just barely mind you, squatted a tiny bit. I am told an 8' blade goes on 3/4 ton (2500) trucks. 7.6" for 1/2 tons, as a gen. rule.

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have a 2007 2500 with a 8'2" poly vxt and it is fine I am sure you will be fine with a straight blade look on the boss web site and it will tell you what will work hope that helps

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You can run up to a 9' 2" VX-T. As long as you have the snow plow prep springs, you will have no trouble at all and the suspension will sink from an inch or less.

5. dozerdawg

dozerdawg Junior Member
    from md

i think ford has a higher gavw(something like that) then the dodges and with a gas engine you can have a heavier plow then if you had a diesel. if you look up plows for dodges @ bossplows.com they dont recomend a qc diesel long bed to have a plow. i am one of those not listening to that and just bought a new 8'2" steel power v xt and cant wait for the snow