1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Plow Owner!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by adhiggie, Dec 2, 2009.

1. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

Just got my boss 7'6" V Plow on my F-150!!! Here are some pics!

_MG_1784.jpg

_MG_1782.jpg

_MG_1785.jpg

I am putting Timbrens on soon!! BTW any suggestions on the amount of ballast to use?

adhiggie

_MG_1784.jpg

_MG_1782.jpg

_MG_1785.jpg

2. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Looks good.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the Boss/Ford club.

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

any side shots of how much the frount ends drop?

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Thats a purty set up there!

6. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

"I am putting Timbrens on soon!! BTW any suggestions on the amount of ballast to use?"

Exact same plow on my Chevy CC SB 1500.... I run at least 500... but I typically carry about 700.

7. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

Actually I am going to take some soon. I am also doing a video of before and after installing timbrens. (Thanks for the great kit Jim!)

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

cool cause im capible of running an 8'2 boss on mine after the hassle of weighting it and im currious whatg the 7'6 looks like.

9. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Who are you plowing for in Noblesville?

10. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

BigCat,

Do you have any pics of your 1500 with the v-plow? I just posted in another thread about my confusion for what kind of truck they made the 7'6" v-plow for. it seems like it would be a great smaller v-plow for the 1/2 ton truck, but at a little over 700lbs when you include the mount, it just seems like a lot of weight to have on the front of the 1/2 ton.

Jeremy

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a 7'6" Boss ploy w/ wings apx. 695 lbs. mine is on a 1/2 ton chevy, w/ NO adjustments mine drops only 1/2" w/ the blade up in the air! I had it on my 00 chevy a few yrs ago and it was fine!

12. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Damn thats one shiny plow!! Looks great.

13. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Very Cool prsport prsport prsport

14. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

I have a couple on my profile page. Will hopefully get a few more up by the end of the weekend.

15. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Man, your truck looks awesome! I would really love to have a 7'6 V on mine too. I just love the look of a black Chevy/GMC with a red Boss. My black 1500 ext. cab Sierra would look mighty fine with a Boss V on the front. Maybe next season. I think I am going to continue making some money doing small residential lots with the snowblower this year, and maybe expand to plowing next season.

I have learned a lot from all you guys already on here and I hope to gain more knowledge this season.

Jeremy

16. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

Here are some preliminary pictures. I am doing a video too but it is not ready yet. My Timbren kid did not install quite rite. There is a plate which is supposed to go where the bump stop was but it is not fitting right (it is not going on flat with the bolt... Any ideas?). But they are already helping!

Before:
    P1050742.jpg

After:
    small_MG_1875.JPG

Uncompressed (plow down):
    UN_MG_1879.JPG

Compressed (plow up):
    compress_MG_1877.JPG

I will be taking some better pictures etc. after I figure out the bottom plate.

Andrew

P1050742.jpg

small_MG_1875.JPG

UN_MG_1879.JPG

compress_MG_1877.JPG

17. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Not sure about the timbrens never did them on an IFS, but nice setup and good luck with it. Anyone ever had trouble with a 7'6 in VEE not clearing enough for the tire tracks?

18. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

19. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

get that from mid-states??

20. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

i tried to do business with them, i wont be returning