1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by THE05HD, Mar 27, 2008.

1. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

has Anyone Seen, Or Have A Picture Of The New Style Lights ?

Thanks Aaron

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I didn't know they were coming out with a new style. Hopefully they be easier to adjust. I could never get mine just right. They'd alwasy be off. To high or low, or pointed off in the woods somewhere.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

where did you hear about the new lights?

4. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

New Boss Lights

there has been talk about it for a month now. the new lights will have the turn signal incorperated in the light housing.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, my dealer showed me a picture of them. They look similar to the Nighthawks that Fisher and Western use. If you order a plow later this year, you will have the new lights.

6. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

yeah you are correct, any plow ordered in febuary comes with the new lights.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay so, people have seen them, but no one is posting pics. WTF! AHAH! I know I would like to see them. Are they up on there website yet?

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Their new lights aren't on the website yet. I tried to add my pictures of them here but the kb's for them were to big to work. You can do as I did and go to the Boss website and contact them. Ask them to send you pictures of the new Smartlight 2 lights and they will. They also said that the hid light option will be discontinued.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay I will do that thanks.

10. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I stopped at my dealer today and they had a new VXT with the new lights on it. They are as long as the old ones but about 2" taller and they taper. They have seperate Hi/Lo like the current ones and yes, the turn signals are built in. He told me that they also have a added switch so you can run Hi/Lo at the same time for more light when plowing.... nice!

They can be retrofitted onto older plows, you need to buy the new top bar, lights and wiring and it all goes right back together. Jim also told me that the HID option might be dead since it cost so much and sold so little, but with the hi/lo thing it should have almost the same output when plowing so thats no big deal.

11. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

New Boss Lights

i Have Some Pictures Of These......

And I Will Put Them on Later Today.......

Aaron

12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Cant wait to see them.

13. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Have one sitting on my lot. Dual burn lights which means they take an extra relay. Also, they are 50% brighter than the old style. Nice looking lights. Crap, the files are too big to post so I will have to resize them and post them later.

14. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Need to see pics soon!.....THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!

15. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree....

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Here ya go guys I emailed boss the otherday and this is the pic I got. Thet kinda look like the night saber from Meyers plows.

SmartLight.jpg

17. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

hmmm interesting. im sure theyll grow on me

18. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

They look like an alien :alien:

19. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

yeah they look like them ugly meyer ones. xysport

20. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Hmmm, these do not look like they have any amber side lighting. At least with the current set-up you can see the marker lights from the side too... -Or am I wrong???