1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss plow light question...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 01CTD2500, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

I have a brand new 8'2" poly v on my pickup and I read that with the high beams on both the high and low should be on, but on mine its either one or the other... is this an easy fix our should I take it back to dealer and have them look at it?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. steve_robert

steve_robert Junior Member

for one is it a new 08/09 plow with the larger headlights. or the ones that they used last year?

if they are the new style for this year than the dealer may have installed an older stock set of headlight adapters. all the new headlight adapters for the dual burn feature pick up feed on both sides of the truck. Therefore there will be 4 adapters not 3

3. pro_firefighter

pro_firefighter Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram & had the same problem. Here is what the dealer told me. they have to reset the codes and my lights came back. The problem is that if your lights are on when u hook the plow it will shock the systems and the dodge built in security trips a code. This is NOT a fuse it needs to have theh codes reset. Mine does it all the time and as of two days ago this it what they told me is causing the problem. The fix leave your headlights off when hooking the plow.

Hope this helps

TJ

4. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

My new lights work just fine and they both turn on together like they are suppose to

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

great help enzo!:waving:

6. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Yes it has the new style big lights and I did notice an adapter plug on both left and right side headlights on the pickup but got to remember this pickup has single bulbs not dual so i dont know if that makes a differance or not..

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How many relays are in the relay pack..4 or 5?

If there's only four then you dont have the duel burn feature as they used the older harness (for some unknown reason).

If you do in fact have 5, you should have a red/white wire at the battery. For your specific truck, it needs to be connected to the NEGATIVE battery terminal. Is it?

If it's on the POSITIVE then that would cause the dual burn not to function.

8. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Them sons of bitches... I am about 99% sure it has only 4 relays..

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then that would be the cause for no duel burn. :cry:

10. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

Suckoo..... guess I will just have to deal with it then UGH!

11. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

BOSS has a separate Dual Burn Relay Kit you can install in any older style wiring harness to achieve the dual headlight features of the new SmartLights. It is BOSS part number MSC08050 and retails for $31. It will work for the pre-2008 BOSS plows as well...
    Hope this helps.

12. jimals

jimals Junior Member
    from Buffalo

I have the new lights on my plow and both low beams are out i called the dealer today and they said boss has a recall on the lights some plastic part falls off and its burning out the bulb But they have no bulbs on the market yet so they will change out the lights till they get some replacement bulbs So for now im driving with my high beams on

13. jimals

jimals Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Also if you look in the headlight you can see the plastic part that fell off im going to just wait and let the dealer fix it for FREE