1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Plow Installed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Duplantisjj, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Got my new Poly Plow installed yesterday. Looks awesome! :D Will post pictures in the picture forum tomorrow. I was supposed to get a Poly Standard, but the one I got has 4 trip springs and a shock absorber. The standard is supposed to have 3 springs no shock absorber.

Of course I had the shop walk me through the complete operation and mount - dismount of the plow. I just put Timbrens in tonight...a bit of a pain to install...I think I got them in right :( Truck doesn't sag anymore. Without them the truck had a pretty good nose dive thing going.

A few things that concern me:

We disconnected the plow, then re-connected it. When we brought the tower up, some reddish fluid leaked out (looked like ATF). The mechanic said that they overfilled the unit and that the fluid will likely not leak out anymore. I have disconnected the plow 3 times already and each time it lost fluid (less and less each time). Should I be concerned?

I just noticed tonight that my lights on the plow work fine but when I disconnect the plow, my truck's lights don't come on. The funny thing is they do come on when I turn the ignition off. I have to take it back to the plow dealer for this one.

The steering pump seems to work really hard now. When stopped, it almost doesn't want to turn (sometimes)...Sometimes it's fine.

The Smarthitch2 works great. Hardest part of course is lining up the hitch. :eek: Takes me 2-3 times back and forth to get it right.

Can't wait for snow :bluebounc
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Let's see those pics! :waving:
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

there should be a switch mounted some where on your dash, or hanging under that allows you to select between the plow lights and truck lights, its about 1/2"x1" with 2 wires coming out of it. should read, plow, and truck. if not then they forgot to install it.
    your front wheels are going to be harder to turn because of the extra weight on them from the plow.
  4. Duplantisjj

O4Superduty....boy do I feel dumb....There was a new switch on my dash..I didn't even notice it :eek: One side says Plow the other side says truck ....and they work too.. Thanks.

Got pictures up in the picture forum..in the My New Boss thread.

First time driving around with Timbrens...What a difference!! :eek: No boat bouncing, ocean effect...worth their weight in gold :nod:

5. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

don't feel bad

Don't feel bad, I didn't notice the switch either. Got my new boss home a month ago and couldn't figure out why the lights weren't working right. It's a nice switch to have though.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I got my new Timbrens installed today! They are as good as everyone has said. The new BOSS looks good.
  7. The Boss

CET, let's see some pics.!! :waving:
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I will as soon as possible. I have to get one of my kids to show me how. Sad situation isn't it.
  9. The Boss

Don't feel bad, I've been down that road. :drinkup:
  10. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Guess I will join the Boss club too... Just installed by new 8' Superduty

Did not have any hydro fluid come out upon hooking up, but did see in the owners manuel that could happen if overfilled, or if the tower was raised by hand!!

LOVEEEE, the Smarthitch 2 hook-up, that is so easy.

Pictures forthcoming.......
  11. GTL Inc.

GTL Inc. Member

Thats hot.

:cool: So tell me even though i live in Florida what are Timbrens used for?
  12. Duplantisjj

Congrats Three W!!

I hitched/unhitched my Plow 5 times now...getting easier to line up each time. Once your lined up the rest is a piece a cake... :waving:

Timbrens are like rubber booster springs placed between the A-arms and the frame. They give you a load boost (in my case about 1,400 lbs). They also give a bit stffer ride. They have a website at Timbren.com

Love Florida...Go down to see Mickey every other year. :drinkup: