1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Boss needs hydro fluid

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MadeintheShade, Dec 8, 2012.

1. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

new Boss needs hydro fluid ASAP

Hey guys, picked up a new plow last night and just finished assembling it. Problem is my dealer didn't give me any oil for it. He's closed today and of course there's a storm coming. can I use ATF or is there a Napa equivalent P/n ?

thanks

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No to ATF you shouldn't to the NAPA. they don't have an equivalent just a low temp anti foam fluid. Call and leave your dealer a message if you have a storm coming and he's good he'll be monitoring his phone.

3. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

sounds good but no answer right now, what can i do to get through the storm?

4. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

Your local parts store should stock plow fluid !

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

In a pinch,I would certainly run ATF.Just do a flush after the plowing and put in official Boss oil.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would put in any brand of plow fluid before I ran ATF in that

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why?......

8. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

napa had some plow fluid that had just about every other brand of plows name on it ie fisher, western, meyer, etc... seems to work just fine. I'll talk to my dealer on monday

9. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

if its a brand new plow i'd run boss fluid only for the fact of the warranty