1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss guy...Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by FF/P215, Dec 5, 2012.

1. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Looking for a little bit of help/ information.. I'm new to Boss, and love it already, even though I haven't pushed any snow with my VXT, I've been impressed with the entire Boss family and experience. I apologize if this question has been asked and/ or answered, I looked but couldn't find the information and the thought completely left my mind while in the process of obtaining my plow... Here's my question, do Boss plows have separate truck-side components for V blades vs. straight blades like competitors, in other words, could I put an straight 8' on my truck that had the VXT mounted or vice versa, as long as I have the proper controller?

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm happy to be a part of the Boss family!ussmileyflag

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can run any plow Boss has to offer in the light truck plow line- from a 7.6 Standard Duty all the way to a 9.2 vee. No need to even change controllers. Their long time instant interchange ability has been one of the attributes that has drawn fleets (especially larger ones) to Boss for many years.

3. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

B&B, thanks for the rapid response, and help! I kind of thought that was the case, but I wanted to make sure, thank you! Just made my decision a little bit easier on snagging another Boss.. I'm not sure why I was brainwashed by the competition for so long..

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

Boss is the only way to go!! That's for damn sure

5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

welcome to the family and B&B is one of the top persons to get questions answered on here

like he said in the near future i want to obtain a second truck and get a straightblade for my old one (some of my friends cant seem to comprehend how to run a v plow) and put my v on the next truck

6. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

ihdriver, I gathered that! haha, good to have these references.. Here's another, would a 7'6" be too small for a '96 Chevy 2500? I don't think it would, but been getting some slack for thinking about getting one on a good deal from a couple buddies.

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

All depends on your needs.Also,if it's a good deal and you want to increase the length,you can always fab extensions or buy some wings.

8. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Yes but you need a V-blade controller. Can't do the scoop and V functions of the V with a straight blade controller.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He already has one.

10. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Mike, do you run into any issues with the 7'6" on your OBS Chevy? For example not having enough blade to prevent your windrows getting in your tire path on a pass?

11. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

Just measure the width of your truck, as remember a 7'-6" plow when in angle position is only 7' wide roughly (from what I have been told before). I had a 7'-6" Poly on a 2500 Dodge for 1 season and I was having issues of it being to narrow when wind rowing, so now that plow is on a Ford F150 as it is a narrower truck and should be able to avoid that issue.