1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss Bulk Spreader 3rd Brake Light Issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Flawless440, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

So i went all out on a 2yd spreader and bought the new
    Boss VBX 8000.. Sweet spreader $5200.. Matchs my red powerstroke and Boss VXT.

Having a dumb issue, i cant figure out how to get the brake light to work on the spreader.. The directions don't label the wires well. There is a wire that is to be wire in to the fuse for your cab brake light, so that has to be it... Well my truck dosent have a fuse for that brake light. So i wired to a fuse that runs hazard light and brake lights.. Nothing.. Helper said wire it to a hot wire to see if it lights up, still nothing.

Nothing on the web about this spreader, so new i'm thinking..
    I thought i would try plowsite before i went to the dealer...

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You need to add pwr and gnd. If you can. If you have it. Tap into your factory tow plug.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You'd think an engineer would come up with a 7 pin connector for your trailer plug you could run reverse lights brake, signals. But that would be too simple. I ran into the same problem with my western spreader dealer wired it to what he thought was a brake light, turned out to be my left signal too.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You patent that yet?

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I guess I could...One of my little tailgate salter I did that to, wasn't hard at all. I ran the power and everything through the trailer plug. The only thing that wasn't was the vibrator cause that was a separate switch. xysport

6. Flawless440

I haven't opened it up yet to see what the wires coming out of the light look like.. A ground would make since...

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I try to give them ideas so when I buy one these issues are resolved:D

8. Flawless440

Still no luck on this brake light.. Saw a guy this morning with my spreader.. 1st one i have seen, his 3rd brake light was working...

Were do i need to run a ground to?? There isn't a ground wire coming out of the light.