1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Boss 9 2 xt

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by georgerk82, Nov 13, 2010.

1. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I just bought a new 9 2 Boss v plow for my f 550. This thing should give all the Blizzards a run for there money! With the wings its about 11' wide. :D Thanks to Mike and Joe from North Royalton Power Equipment for great service and price on the plow.

IMG_0115[1].jpg

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats huge !

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks sweet and should move alot of snow

4. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Haha I know it makes my 550 look tiny!

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. That thing is huge.

6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I've been wanting to check those guys out. You're going to love that plow. Mind if I ask what their price was on those wings?

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That is awesome. I was checking those out last thursday at the dealer, awesome plows. Look very well built.

8. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I think they were $700 installed and the plow was $5100 plus install. I could have probably found it a little cheaper online but a good dealer is more important and they are open 24 hr when the snow is flying. Im selling my 1 year old Western if anyone is interested? Its a 8' poly Ultramount in great condition, it fits 01-10 Chevy/GMC 2500hd. There is nothing wrong with it I just want all the plows to be the same.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure you could have found it any cheaper then that.

That thing is big. I just bought the same plow for my 2500HD. How do you think my truck would do with the wings? LOL

10. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I found some on ebay for $4900 but I would rather buy local and not have any warrenty issues. I hope your truck does good with the wings cause Im gonna put a 9 2 with wings on my 2500hd lol.

11. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking for a new dealer, I was really disappointed with mine when I bought my plow. From what I've been told, they probably won't be around much longer. It's good to know that the Royalton guys are doing the 24 hr thing. Sounds like you did well on the plow price, I paid a couple hundred more when they first came out.

12. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

No problem. I was very happy with the service and I was suprised the owner and the sales manager give out their personal cell numbers for you to call if you have an emergancy, they seem to be very professional and laid back. Im not sure If you mow in the summer but they also carry Scag, Stihl, and Redmax. Ive always ran Exmark and love them but the local dealers have not been very good so Im going to buy a Scag from them in the spring.

13. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

Ya I bought my plow from those guys a couple months ago. Great guys, better then my local dealers! Nice plow!

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is nice. The guys over at north royalton do a great job.

15. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I posted photos of the "western plow and saltdogg spreader" in the classified section.

16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

NRPE is probably one of the best dealers around. we use them for everything from our mowers, handhelds and plows and they are stand up guys there. They may not always be the cheapest but i would rather give them my business b/c of the way they run the business there.

joe, mike and norm are always helpful and never just try to "make the sale" but give you honest advice.

and their installs are second to none, ive seen other dealers plow installs and wiring and its a mess.

17. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

are those wings foldable? how heavy is the setup? would it work on a 08 F450?? sorry just alot of questions. i love how that looks just worried about the wings and if it is just easier to get a western wideout :confused:

18. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Im sure a quick look on the boss website would awnser all your questions

The v-xt and boss wings are nothing new...

19. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

I was also going to buy the Wideout but after looking at it and reading up on it, I was affraid of the durrability of the Western. The Boss wings are not foldable but they come off very fast with no tools. I would guess with the wings it would wiegh about 975-1000 lbs. I would see no problems with this setup on your Ford. Also it is 11' wide versus the 10' Wideout. The wings on the Wideout look like they could be very problematic, and this is coming from a guy who has always had Western. D&D is cheapening up their products in my opinion and thats why I decided to try a Boss, they seam very well built.

20. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

Thanks guys. my dad had a boss plow before the snow dog he has now... nothing against snow dogg but the boss was a killer plow. i like the height of the dogg but its been re built 3 times. i have a strong chance of getting 4 large irvings next year so i am probibly going to pull the trigger late spring early fall. its gunna be bad A$$ :) i am EXTREMELY INTERESTED in how this works for you