1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Boss 7'6" V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by EricD701, Feb 17, 2007.

1. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Hi all, I'm in the market for a Boss 7'6" V-plow for my 96 chevy K1500.
    I am located in Nashua NH and was woundering where would be the best place for me to get one installed.

Looking for some recommendations

Thanks
    Eric

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

idk about dealers or anything, but iv been thinking of putting a V on my '98 k1500. If you get it installed could u give me some feedback of how it works and how well the truck holds it?? thanks

3. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Will do.. :nod:

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Why dont you try www.centralparts.com? Boss's are really easy to install. The wiring is a no brainer.

5. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I was going to install it myself but wasn't sure if I would still get the 2 year parts and labor warranty...

:cry: My plow was going to be installed today but now i got to wait till Monday because my plow arrived at the dealer damaged. :realmad: and its going to snow tonight

6. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Mark,
    Didn't end up with the plow.. dropped off my truck, they call me an hour later and tell me my truck is too low for the plow and I will have trouble mounting and dismounting the plow.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

To low, thats a new one. Iv never heard of a truck being to low. My 1500 sits right about the same height as gm 2500s that iv parked next to.

8. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

New too me too... I found out that this installers main business is installs on new trucks. From what he was saying to me it seemd like he just didn't want to deal with my truck because it was a 96.
    At that point I just picked up my truck, I wasn't going to force him to do the install, you dont' know how that would end ;)

9. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

TO MARK13 and anyone else that wants to listen

Hey, I have been running with my 8.2' Boss V for 4 months now. I put timbrens up front to avoid any frame damage, (no problems what so ever with the added weight). Raised the torsion bars up, Stock height for the truck was 35 3/4" and I raised it to 37 1/4". Yes the ride has changed a little bit, thus it rides more like a truck, when I don't have everything hooked up. BUT when the plow is on the front end dips down about an inch. I have been running around with about 800- 1000 lbs. of salt in the rear. I do not stack all the salt by the tailgate though. I usually put about 3-400 lbs by the tailgate and distribute the rest in the middle and towards the cab. Once this truck is loaded, the ride is perfect no problems what so ever. The Snow Ex 500lbs capacity spreader was paid for with the first snow fall. Since then, After 3 runs about averaging about 12 hours and also helping out my friends in Chicago land area where I live, the Plow is paid for, and the 4th run of the season thus far is all cake!! Oh and I have been subcontracting out some of my accounts as well. And when you are ready for the Purchase of a V-plow, avoid the mistake that my installer had. Have the truck torsion bars jacked up before they measure the push frame, this is a hassle if you need to move the frame up and down. Honestly I couldn't be happier!!!!
    Proud Owner of Chevy 98 Z71 Offroad, Extended Cab. 6' bed.

10. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

What size is your truck? 2500

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

z71 is a 1500 im pretty sure they dont make z71 2500s.

12. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I didn't even catch that :) I just saw the bigger plow and was thinking 2500..

13. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice, how does the truck hold the plow? Im not sure which size i want to get, prolly go with the 8.2 for when i get larger truck.

15. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Truck holds the plow just fine.. when your driving with the wings folded back it don't feel heavy at all. Unlike with my fisher when driving in the angel position you have the extra weight hanging away from the truck.

Remember when the guy told me my truck was too low, so I turned my torsion bars up a couple of turns and when they put the plow on, you guessed it the truck was too high...

I put the torsion bars back to the stock setting and all is well...

16. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Looka pretty good but cant really tell cause all i see is red! How about some more pics maybe including more of your truck like from an angle?