1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New bolt on track system

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ProWorkz.com, Mar 24, 2005.

1. You guys seen what Loegering has come out with for skid steers? They have a new bolt up track system for rubber tire skid steers. Versatile Track System I was able to demo a set of these during my last storm. These tracks enabled my new CAT skid steer to perform better than I could have ever imagined. The traction in snow and ice where excellent. And I was able to run through 3 feet of fresh powder with no issues at all. :nod:

Here is a link to Loegering video for the VST setup.....VST Video

The install of the tracks was less than 50 minutes. And the over all install procedure is as easy as changing the tires....
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

your links dont work...Rob
  3. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

i don't get it.
    i've never personally tried rubber tracks in snow, but folks that have generally say they don't work nearly as well as chains on tires. Less surface area means more bite.

One issue for me pushing snow is ground speed on the skid steer when travelling. looks to me that top speed of the steer would be reduced with that system.

finally, what does it cost? Would be pretty cool for working in the mud.....
  4. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

i just checked some where between $10,000-$11,000