1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new bobcat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by marcd97, Jan 8, 2012.

1. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Looking at new bobcats one problem there are none at the dealers what's going on

2. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Over the last few years, many of the manufacturers have cut back on production levels due to the recession - not 100% sure if Bobcat did this - but that could be partly why. The local dealer to me has a line up of them, but I've never bought there as he's too expensive....

3. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

One of the models i like has been on order since July still hasn't come in

4. Kickin Grass

Kickin Grass Member

To much iron on the market out there right now. Thats what the Bobcat dealer I do biz with said. I was thinking about getting rid of my T-320 this year. I can't find work for it. I get some mowing jobs, raking jobs but things are so tight nobody wants to spend any money.

5. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Ya I hear what your saying I might just get a used one I've been looking at them

6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

The bobcat factory made some cut backs and now they are booming and cant keep up with what is being sold. The problem is they didnt bring people back to help meet the needs of the dealers. Thanks Doosan! Bobcat couldnt even meet all of brickmans needs this year! The dealer I go to have had major problems this year with being able to get equipment. Would love to upgrade my mini hoe but there is nothing in their yard that is a decent deal.

7. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Been waiting since July for the a770 to come in

8. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Or a s650 750 wonder when they'll get their act together

9. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Last I heard is that Bobcat was getting 130 finished units out everyday. Could be a while before they catch up to the 7,000 backorders. I don't think they build them as the orders come in either, some kind of random list every week is how they determine what they will build is what I have heard. I heard this 3rd person so correct me if I am wrong.

10. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

That explains it i might just go the used route now

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Are you wanting a S650 or S750? I know are dealer here has a lot of S185 and S205's. Just wondering which model you want?

12. salopez

salopez Senior Member

my dealer has 650 and 770's in stock. call robbie 240-508-1883. he will get it to you.

13. Kickin Grass

Kickin Grass Member

There's are allot of good machines sitting out there on the market. I have had mine for three years and only have 298 hours on it. I got mine because I had a contract to do clean up work after a utility company tore up some yards. But then the project went to the way side. If you don't have the work for don't buy one.

14. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

I really want the a770 but a 650-750 would work too

15. Kickin Grass

Kickin Grass Member

There are no new machines in this area. So are you looking at the wheeled unit or track unit? What's the going price for one of them now days? I had and S873 and got it stuck all of the time. That's why I went to the track unit. Got it stuck once to. Had one big wrecker to pull it out.

16. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Yes wheeled machine I can borrow a track machine from my buddy if I need it

17. salopez

salopez Senior Member

call my man, he has 770s. I just saw then on the lot.

18. marcd97

marcd97 Junior Member

Gonna have to call him

19. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

The dealer in Frederick, md. has a ton of units.

20. salopez

salopez Senior Member

thats because they have no customer service or follow up...