1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Bobcat

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lumberjack4567, Nov 2, 2010.

1. lumberjack4567

lumberjack4567 Junior Member

So guys, it's my turn now... Just got a 2008 bobcat s130. Its got 1227 hrs on it, full cab and heat, and a brand spankin new beacon on it! This is the first bobcat ive ever owned so it is pretty exciting. And i really give props to any one who can actually run these smooth. I havent exactly got the hand/foot thing down yet. Well, enough chatter on to the pics

bobcat 004.jpg

bobcat 003.jpg

bobcat 002.jpg

bobcat 006.jpg

bobcat 005.jpg

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nice looking machine, looks like you may need new tires soon depending on what your doing with it. Hand and foot are hard, I perfer pilot controls all hands and leaves my foot to run the throttle much smoother to run and more cmfortable in my opinion.

Good luck make sure to post pics of it making money!
  3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ok Thats a nice machine! You will get the hang of it! I love those 130's! VERY NICE!
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nice skid, you'll get the hang of it, it took me a few minutes before I got the basics, now after about 100 hrs in it I do stupid things,lol. I ran one of those as a loaner. It was too tipsy for me but I also ran a s185 and it was kind of the same feeling. What are you going to use it for?
  5. lumberjack4567

Thanks guys! Im going to use it to plow snow of course! We just got a spreader for it as well. Its an agro-fab hydraulic one. I will post pics of it when when i get the chance. We haven't gotten a plow yet though. That is still in the works. Thanks again
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice! Get new tires right away. Nothing more frustrating than spinning and sliding when trying to push or turn. Where did you buy it? Bobcat is the best.wesport
  7. lumberjack4567

I got it from bobcat of madison. Yea the original tires were completely bald but they switched them over to some extra ones laying around they have about 50% of the tread left on them. Its also got that electronic starting thing where you need the code to get in... You (WIPensFan) just got a s650 from them as well right?
  8. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

totally dig the s130 I have always said if I get some property I'm gettin' one of those...and I hear you on the hand/foot I've run mostly pilot or case style and I wouldn't mind just keepin on those!
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Glad to hear they upgraded your tires. Those will work in dirt, but once the middle starts to flatten out they're no good in snow. Yes, I bought a S650 from them. You will get used to the controls quick enough, and once you get it, you don't even think about it anymore. Good luck with it, it will make your life easier!
  10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Nice looking machine, what are you thinking about for a plow? A snow wolf 7ft or 6ft with wings would be pretty cool. Also, do your self a favor. Go to bobcat and get you a reversible bolt on cutting edge(about $180) for that bucket while it is still in good shape.
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

While i'm not a big fan of the Bobcat brand, i still think skid steers are pretty sweet. The hand/foot controls take a little time but you'll get it. The pilot controls are the absolute best and when the time comes i'll be getting those! Good luck with the machine, i'm sure you'll have some fun just getting the hang of it all!

BTW, what does that "bucket positioning" button do?
  12. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Bucket positioning keeps your bucket, or forks level as you raise the boom.
  13. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Very nice! As everyone else has said above, you'll get the hang of it in no time. Now when I direct someone in the bobcat I just yell "right, heel" or "left toe" because it's so ingrained in me.