1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new bobcat skidsteer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snow, Dec 15, 2001.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I was reading grounds maintanance magazine november issue and noticed bobcat came out with a crab steer skidsteer called the A220. it has a 2 speed travel option with a top speed of 12.4mph, i tried bobcat's website but there's no info on there about them. i think they'd be good in tight place, they can turn on a dime already , but you can change between modes. would be great for snow removal or landscaping in tight places.

2. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

3. Chloride

Chloride Banned

Iv never had my skid steer in 7 ft. of snow. Is it worth using, only 1 attatchment , bucket?
  4. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

For 7' of snow you're using the wrong attachment. It's going to be a long day trying to move it with the bucket, you can only get a few feet higher then the snow. You need a snow blower for your skidsteer. I have a brocheur around here somewhere it shows a skidsteer with a snowblower cutting right through an 11' snow bank just by lifting it up and down. You also dont end up with giant piles when you throw the snow rather then pile it.

Go to where you got the machine and tell them you wan to rent a snowblower.
  5. keerym

keerym Junior Member

Check the website

Take a look at the bobcat website, they have information and pictuers of it now
  6. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member