1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Bobcat S650

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NorthDakota, Dec 3, 2009.

1. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

We just picked up two new Bobcat S650's. When i took this picture it had 1.3 hours on it.

465952079_1628554872_0.jpg

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet machine. More pics!

3. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Good looking machine! How do you like it so far? Pros/Cons? Good luck this season. More pics please!

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks like its really butt heavy??

5. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

i agree it does look like theirs quite a bit in the rear. how is the lifting capacity? height, weight? looks great though. hope it serves you well

6. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

I like it so far...I have only ran a couple of hours....and just sweeping. The Pros that I see so far.....View the cab is lest obstructed with the arms being lower, all the controls are out in front of you the two pillars of the cab, larger fuel tank...I believe its like 26 gallons! Brighter lights, quieter, It has a rear defrost, we have ride control on ours and that makes the ride very smooth! The seat is very comfortable to with a smooth ride and differnt adjustments.

The cons so far ....I think will be that it seams there is a lot more behind the cab..We measure the machine and it is about the same size as are S250's. I havent noticed any problems with yet, but I am aware. Oh ya and the heater is tooo hot...but I guess I can just turn it down or turn the air conditioning on. :) One minor last con...is we are the first to have the new designed machine in our area, so the dealer is learning on our machine while doing the add on and service.

I will try get more pictures tomorrow or next week. maybe with the other s650 and the s250.

7. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

8. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

looks to be an interesting machine. did u get the pilot controls or the foot pedals?

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Great looking machine.

10. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

foot pedals.

11. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Just foot, or advance controls? selectable foot or hand?

Any other extras on it? ride control or such?

12. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

Just the regular foot control....some of the options....A/C, Ride control, am/fm radio, strope lights front and back, high flow....I am trying to think of what all was on the bid.

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Congrats on your new machines!....I ran a t630? ( new track version w/radius arms) the other day at the local dealer. I didn't get to really test it out, but I will say the cabs are very nice.

14. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

add....bobtach to the options too.

15. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Stobe light is factory option in those? I can guess the back ones are in the white reverse or a another light? but the front, where are those?

16. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

Back ones are in the red lights and the front are in the headlights above the windshield....The back ones are always on the front ones have a swith so they can be turned off during a windy storm (reflection off the snow blinds you)...the strobes were added by the dealer.

17. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Interesting, Thats what I was worried about front ones flashing back, or just pissing an operator off. Don't like the idea of rears on all the time either. I've seen flashers in the white rears, that I thought was nice other then being white. Do alot of heavy lifting in the summer?

18. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

I work at a collage so it is nice to have rearson all the time...hopefully we don't run anyone one over, especially while backing up while class is getting out...our s250 have the strobes in the white lights...not sure why the change, but what ever.....Ya you cant have the fronts on all the time...I usually have them off and night, but I like to turn them on when I working in the busy streets. Our bobcats are mostly used for for landscaping in the summer, we also run a steets sweeper and stump grinder

I have some pics of all our equipment on my profile page.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a really nice skid steere. Would make a really effecient sidewalk machine

20. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

How big are your sidewalks??? :laughing: