1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new bobcat pricing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MIDTOWNPC, Jan 29, 2008.

1. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

anyone price a new bobcat lately I am curious the prices people are getting before I think about trading. Also wondering if much difference between can and us prices.

I should have a quote in my email soon which I will post figures. I have an 2003 S300 with 1100 hours and am looking at same.

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

arm and a leg

3. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Yeah... Too much...

What really sucks is that when you are buying one, they are a fortune, but when you trade one in, they don't want to give you half of what it is worth...

I'm going through that with CAT right now. I have a 2 year old machine w/ 400 hrs that I bought new, and is exceptionally maintained in excellent condition, and they don't even want to give me the payoff... Even though I'm looking at machines in the $60,000 range from them, again...

Rediculous...

4. MIDTOWNPC

Well the dealer called me, said he has someone interested in a used machine like mine. So I joked and said well tell him to call me, and he said well we have a s300 here on the lot new that we really want to move. When I bought I said keep me in mind for other deals. So I said send me the numbers and I will look it over but I wasnt thinking about trading at all. i have 1100 hours its 2003 gold package. All the other options, keypad (no keys), hiflow, cab, heat air, tires still good, quick tack.

I have pretty well already decided I am not doing anything only because the machine is perfect.

5. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Yeah, I will probably keep my machine as well... The only reason I was considering an upgrade was for more HP. I bought my 257B when I lived in FL (sea-level). Now, I live at 9500 feet. It reduces the HP by about 20%, and my 62 HP (57 net) machine feels like a 50 HP (46 net) machine... You, on the other hand already have a high HP machine (81 HP ), and you probably don't live at my altitude...

We'll see... I may just have to get used to having less power :mad:

6. MIDTOWNPC

Here is what they are offering.

S300 LOADED WITH A71 PACKAGE 2 SPEED HEAT AIR BUCKET BLOCK HEATER QUICKTACH

$49849.11

DISCOUNT $5000 (IN STOCK MACHINE)

PLUS TAX

They are offering me $21000 for my machine which is a loaded gold 2003 S300 with 1100 hours. It could use tires soon.

I see these going for $25000 to $33000 on trader with some having trailers included. I think with having a solid machine that I should just keep it. New feels nice, but a new set of tires would make me happy.

THESE ARE CANADIAN PRICES.

7. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

If you are basically looking at the same machine, except one is new, I would definitely keep what you have...

Put some nice tires on it and keep it... save yourself the $30,000...

8. toyman

toyman Senior Member

You need to be realistic, no dealer is going to give you close to retail for trade in. If you want more for the machine sell it yourself. If you want a square deal go to three or four dealers and compare what they are giving you for the machine and what the out the door price is. Keep this in mind if a dealer sells you a machine and gives you what you want in trade they are hiding dollars, watch the bottm line out the door price that is what is important (when having a trade in).

Toyman

9. MIDTOWNPC

Oh yes I understand. And I think the new one is a good price, I just at this moment dont think I need to upgrade because nothing has changed, I have low hours and if I was looking for a used machine I would be looking at one similar to mine.

New is always tempting however untill I get into a position that I need more writeoffs / depreciation I will not act.

I have always had a problem buying new and I dont know why, the bobcat was an exception the first time only because I didnt know too much about looking for a good used one and wanted a relationship with a dealer vs taking them a used machine I bought from someone.

perhaps I have a buy it and work it till its dead attitude.