1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Blower For The Kubota!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Bayrat, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Bayrat

Bayrat Junior Member
    from usa

The Kubota will be delivered tomorrow with its new heated cab and 5' rear mount blower, can't wait for snow! I traded the 2002 Dodge with Blizzard plow, hardly used it, for the Cummins without a plow. Now I can tow like a bear with the new Dodge and with the Kubota revamped I can take on a heck of a storm.

I am happy with the decision to drop the plow. In the future if I retire and want to do some plowing for extra dollars, I will slap one on the Cummins.

What plow would you all recommend for the Dodge Cummins cleaning residential driveways?

2. TJDMAX

TJDMAX Junior Member

So what size plow did you have on you Dodge? I bought a used Blizzard plow from the Local Dodge dealer in western NY that was off a 2002 dodge. The plow looked brand new. I wonder if it was yours?

3. Bayrat

Bayrat Junior Member
    from usa

Most likely, I see you are from Ontario. It was an 8' and he took it off the truck as soon as I traded it. They were asking the same for the truck as the book price indicated it should be with a plow, so not sure if they sold it yet.

4. TJDMAX

TJDMAX Junior Member

I sounds like I bought your old plow. The truck it came off was white in color, and the dealer was in Sodus, NY. He did say that the previous owner bought a new dodge diesel truck. If this is true you sure didn't use it much because the plow looked almost brand new. I currently have a compact cub cadet and loader with a 3pt 5' blower on the back, but it doesn't have a heated cab like yours. I think I will enjoy plowing with the truck in a heated cab, and still have the tractor/blower/loader to take care of the high banks from all the snow we will get this year.

5. Bayrat

Bayrat Junior Member
    from usa

Yep

That was my truck. I used the plow on only a few really cold and windy days and a couple of times when we had that heavy accumulation last winter. It seems to be a good unit, just took some getting used to without the chain lift.

The tractor is really nice with the heater, wiper and fan. I had hydraulic rotate added to the chute so the entire operation is in shirt sleeve.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy a sub-frame for the Chevy or modify the Dodge?

6. TJDMAX

TJDMAX Junior Member

I had the plow installed at the dodge dealership, and they put a new sub frame for a chevy on, and reused the wiring from your old truck. They had to give me a different light bar because the new sub frame mounts had quick release pins on it.

So I take it that you must have stored the plow in doors because there was hardly any rust on it.

What brand of snow blower do you have for your tractor? I had allways wanted to add a hydraulic motor to rotate the chute. I would have had to put an aux remote hydraulic valve in and get the kit for the new holland 716C blower.

Drop me a PM if you have any things I need to know about the plow. Thanks

7. Bayrat

Bayrat Junior Member
    from usa

I tried to PM you a couple of days ago but you have it disabled.

The plow sat outside at the dealership until I bought it late in 2002, then it was stored inside. Not much to tell about it, you can see what it is, a new plow. If you got a deal on it you made out.

The blower is JRW. Very heavy machine sold locally but made in Canada. It has the cable chute rotator rather than a cog and spline setup but for ease of repair and durability that is not a bad thing. Only bad part is the extra amount of hardware on it as opposed to the other method. I have seen the hydraulic motor on only the very large units. I do accept PM's if you want more information.