1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Blower Came In! Just Need A Little Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickSnow&Mow, Jan 30, 2016.

1. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Hey guys, so I finally got the chance to pick up my new pronovost 74 for the 46r. It's an awesome blower and works great I just have a few little problems we could use some help with. #1 If you lift the blower to the very max height at low rpm it makes this terrible knocking sound, we're pretty sure the only possible thing it could be is that the pto shaft is on too much of an angle. We temporarily fixed this but putting a stopper at the to but it's not a long term fix because it doesn't lift high enough for climbing over big snow banks. #2 The chute rotation is ridiculously fast, I can't see how the motors going to last going that speed, do you guys have any idea of how to adjust this? we tried playing with the cushion valves but they seem to do nothing. #3 the chute deflector is the opposite and seems a bit slow, any way to fix this? Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated. By the way thanks to whoever suggested that I get some more weight on the front (think it was Chad). The tractor lifts the blower at idle with ease but it's no light weight, the 10 42lb weights just wouldn't have cut it the thing would have poped wheelies.

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

For the lifting height issue, have you tried adjusting (shortening) the top link of the 3 pt links on the tractor? You'd have to unhook the top link and then screw it in to shorten it; it looks like you have a few inches in ine of the photos. Also - for that same top link arm, if there are multiple holes on the tractor to hook it onto, try putting it in the top hole.
  3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Flow restrictors will help slow down the chute rotation. You may have flow restrictors in the deflector lines which need to be opened up a bit or removed. Switch the hoses around to reverse direction. Your dealer should (could) help you with all this. You will enjoy the inverted and your cabbed tractor. :)
  4. NickSnow&Mow

Thats a great idea actually, it has 3 different positions for the top link so we'll try the top and see if it changes anything.
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Your new blower and tractor look awesome Nick! Good luck with it.Thumbs Up
  6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You can get flow restrictors at princess auto and they will fix the rotation problem, but like was already suggested, try swapping the remotes the chute is hooked up to with the rotation and see if it does the same thing...

Looks great nick!
  7. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Nice little unit young man!! Once you get everything adjusted and a few hrs in the seat it will all be second nature!! Watch out guys over there.. a new driveway king has stepped to the plate
  8. NickSnow&Mow

Thanks everybody I appreciate it. The tractors already got 145hrs on it surprisingly, had 8 or 9 when I got it. I'll try out switching the hydraulics and top link tommorow. Thanks for the suggestions.
  9. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I am not sure if JD has the same style as Kubota but all of mine have 2 settings on the lower lift arms. On mine you just have to move the pin from the upper to the lower setting to adjust the amount of height the blower will go.

Just as everybody has said, just add a resistritor to slow down the speed of the motor. If you find it too slow drill the hole slightly larger until you get the speed you want. You only need to use a tiny drill bit.
  10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Now thats a sweet setup. Post some videos if you get a chance.
  11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Duh, you have it mounted backwards. LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice rig you have.
  12. NickSnow&Mow

13. NickSnow&Mow

Mounted a snow moving vehicle sign and snowplow shovel mounts. Mounts can fit both he snow plow and the dominator, think it worked out really nicely. Moved the top link to the top hole and I think it pretty much fixed the problem! We still need to play with it a little more but it made a huge improvement, thanks to whoever suggested it.

14. Hysert

Nick. How how many driveways you got? You should make up some driveway markers like what Neige posted with your # on it, so when you look down the street and all your signs are up the phone should ring! Your setup looks vary professional. Like your other post if you can get in and out in a few minutes ur gonna kill it!!
  15. NickSnow&Mow

about 55 seasonal plus another 5-10 depending on the storm. Thanks, I'm working on getting some decals made up for it. Next year I'll forsure be getting some of those markers made just never got around to it. I'm pretty sure this thing is at about 1 1/2 minutes for an average double driveway that takes four passes. Gotta give Paul a call and see if we can work on that, thanks for reminding me.
  16. Hysert

Good for you!! That's a great gig..
  17. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

How many seasons to recoup your costs?
  18. NickSnow&Mow

I guess it depend how you would count that, if I want to put the entire cost of the tractor and blower all together then two seasons. The way I think about it is that i'm soaking up the cost of the blower and the down payment this year and from now on im just making $$$. I put a considerable amount down but financed part of at 0% financing. If they'll lend you money for free you might as well take it.
  19. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Beautiful tractor. How's the traction with those dirt tires?
  20. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

#1 rule in life, there is no such thing as free money, 0% financing doesn't exist... your always paying for it, you just don't see it