1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Blizzards!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MDSP, Oct 16, 2009.

1. MDSP

MDSP Member

Just ordered the new blades. 8600 speedwing, 8600pp and an 8611pp. I'm a first time Blizzard buyer. Hope all goes good.

2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Good Choice...

3. MDSP

MDSP Member

Thanks, Ebling in Grand Rapids is setting me up. I also order 2 of the back blades. 12' and 14'. Lets just hope it snows so we can pay for everything!!

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Good lord I sure hope it snows good for your wallets sake!

5. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

gotta spend money to make money .....

6. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Thats what I keep telling my wife, but she's not buying it payup

7. MDSP

MDSP Member

it does take money to make money. close to 30k. in blades this year. The International with the 8611 will be out of ebling this week. Pics to come soon. The back blades don't get installed until the 2nd week of Nov. Hope it doesn't snow til then!

(In my 1st post I wrote 8600pp I meant 8100pp, sorry)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  8. Wallace

Wallace Member

I got ya beat I order 22 plows and 10 spreaders!

Oh I should also mention that I am a Distributeor!:D

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

MDSP, keep us posted on how they hold up. Not sure what to think of the redesigns yet, still taking extra good care of my "old" ones to make sure they last...

10. MDSP

MDSP Member

Just picked up the International today. WOW, the 8611 is alot bigger in person. 1460#! It looks good if nothing else. It's my first Blizzard so I hope all works out well. I'll post pics tommorow.

11. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

If you paid cash, you dont have to worry if it snows or not. Ive never bought a new blade, and never spent more than $1200. for a used. But you do have a nice set up, good luck this winter. Im sure we'll still get lots of lake effect

12. MDSP

MDSP Member

Cash yes. We run 15 trucks 3 skid steers and 4 loaders. It takes money to make money. You can't grow a business with out investing. payuppayup

13. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

You wont be disappointed with the blizzard choice. :drinkup:

14. Ketch

Ketch Member

I was told by my distributor that the joystick control isn't available for the 810 or 8611 anymore :dizzy:, so I'm trying to pick up an 810 joystick controller from last year to wire into an 8611LP new design I'm buying this year. Anybody else done this or thought about it? I don't think I'll have any issues, I'm just thinking that I'd like the old controller a whole lot better than this new handheld unit, but I haven't used the new one yet.

Please tell me if my distributor's ********! :alien:

I loved the joystick control and separate independent wing control rockers. It'd be a shame if they were lost to a redesign!

15. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a joy stick controller. I switched to the hand held because I hated that controller being attached to my seat all the time. If you can't find one I may sell you mine. I just like having it as a back up. Never know what may happen... :dizzy:

16. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

power hitch2 has different controls than power hitch 1 what type of plow did you buy an 8611lp or a 86110lp

17. Ketch

Ketch Member

8611LP if the financing works out.