1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Blizzard Rig

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PINEISLAND1, Oct 16, 2003.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Well, its finally here,

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Looks good.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks very nice. What's up with that boat???? Blizzard plow gone fishin'? LOL :D
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Stephen- He's ready for anything! Snow, Flood, fishing tournament, lol

That looks really nice on the red truck. Let us all know how you like it after you've put a few hours behind it!
  7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

There is nothing like the Ram power teamed up with the Blizzard Power Plow. Looks Great Man!:drinkup:
  8. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

That thing looks great and yes I agree it looks even better on a red truck. My buddy Jack was assembling an 810 today and uncrated a 8611 WOW! that things a monster! Good luck with your Blizzard buddy.:drinkup:

Thanks ! We are anxious for snow now ! But first, a few ducks must die.....hence the boat

I am sure impressed with the ease of mount/dismounting the plow.

The extra pounds above what my 9'2" Boss weighed is noticable, I will put Timbrens on it soon.

The touchpad will take a little getting used to, but after a night it should be second nature, I hope.....
  10. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Awesome setup, my question is what size plow is that and your truck is that a diesel, the reason I ask is I have a 01 dodge3/4 ton diesel and I was looking to figure out what plow I want and I think I found it but I was curious if my tuck can handle that, thanks for the input!
  11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Good luck with your new purchase!:drinkup:
  12. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Blizzard model 810. Yes it will fit your truck. We have the same truck with this plow on it.

Thats the Blizzard 810, (see link at top of page), and its a 2500 with the 360 gasser.

8' closed, 10' expanded, 9'and change in "bucket" or scoop position.
  14. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Real nice:D , I cant wait till I get my new blade:) :waving: :drinkup:
  15. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Nice setup Pine. What did you do with your old plow?? Why did you switch over? Just wondering.
  16. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

That looks real good on there. :drinkup: Im wondering also why you switched from Boss. Was there something about the Boss snowplow you didnt like, or did you just want a Blizzard snowplow? Good luck with it! Mike
  17. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Tom,your new blade looks great. I am anxious to hear how it compares to the boss you had.I am considering doing the same thing to my truck.I cant wait to hear your feedback.

I loved the Boss, and am one of the biggest supporters of the Boss V's. I just wanted to try the Blizzard, to see if I could save time. We used one last year (subs truck) and it was sure fast.

I will be back to a Boss if it doesn't prove tough and efficient.

The main reason for changing was PLOWSITE, and a great dealer who also uses them, Holland Snowplow and Supply.
  19. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Tom the truck looks real good.I think you will like it better than the V.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks OK considering it's on a Dodge. :D

So are you going to let me try it for a night Tom? Actually I found one of the other dealers is going to have a demo truck that I will be trying out. Keep us updated on how it goes. I'm thinking next year we'll try one out, too. Just a little hestitant, yet.