1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new blizzard power plow bent both wing cyl twice now and elect problems PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by NORTHSIDE, Jan 8, 2014.

NORTHSIDE Junior Member

Quick Tach mounted on S-300 bobcat.Got it just in time for last snow of the year last year and tripped the blade in some gravel & bent the wing cylinder. Was told by my dealer in Kokomo, In. that i must of hit something with it. so i took the cylinder out & replaced it with the new one, washed the plow & put the plow away in the warehouse for safe keeping.Pulled it out a few days ago and put it to use on my parking lot and tripped the blade in some snow and gravel which bent the cylinders on both sides so I finished my parking lot with no wings operating and by the time I was done the electrical is causing problems and wont go to right or left without pushing the switch numerous times.Asked the dealer what he will allow me for a trade and wanted to go from a 5,600 dollar plow to a 4,000 dollar plow and he wants 1,000 to trade. Doesn't sound fair and if i don't trade i get the feeling I'M gonna be paying for parts that should be covered under a warranty. I'm not happy with my dealer or the plow.
  2. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I have never heard of bending or breaking both wing cylinders, i have to ask the obvious question... how fast were you going when you hit and made plow trip. Sounds like from the way you discribed damages plow must have tripped all the way, flat

Sounds to me like dealer may have sold you a used plow or demo model something just doesnt add up to me

NORTHSIDE Junior Member

Yes he said it was a demo that they used on there lot once or twice but i think it was bent when i got it and that i just finished it off. But as for how fast i was going its mounted on a skid steer so its not like i was speeding
  4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

You need to confirm proper hose routing for the wing cylinders ASAP. They absolutely must go from the proper ports to the proper cylinder location. Otherwise the relief valve does not function. Get your manuals out and confirm it before you take it back.

NORTHSIDE Junior Member

I was told by a friend about this site and that the hose routing may be an issue, that i should post this problem to get some replies so i will check into this tomorrow and let you know what i come up with.NORTHEASTSNO said it sounded like i had tripped it over completely flat and that is what i did but i was sure there had to be a pressure relief valve to avoid damage to the plow so i will find out THANKS
  6. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

So I have to Ask …..is this the 810pp or an 8611pp ???? …..

Because if it's the 8611pp, i've tripped mine a hundred times or more "Flat", in gravelly soft unfrozen ground …. Wings extended forward, Skid-steer in hi-gear, low-gear, angled w/wings fully forward and then the wings were hammered back flat inline with the main blade ….. I've hit frozen snow banks with one half of the blade wings forward again wings were driven back inline …… there's no way those wing cylinders are going to bend ….. UNLESS the manifold is malfunctioning and not relieving the pressure...

I did have one problem originally when the blade was new and it was the relief valves blew apart internally (in the manifold) this was before it was put into service just after the blade was assembled …. the valves were grossly defective

I was only testing the electronic functions of my A-300 Bobcat's match to the Blizzard's wiring (14-pin plug-in), the blade wings only partially functioned and stopped working requiring disassembly ……. the cartridges that came apart were jammed in the manifold …… Soooo !!! ….. The (NFG) manifold was covered under warranty and I was promptly sent another one to replace the defective unit ….. since then alls well !!! :drinkup: tymusic
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

OP, you are not the first to have a dealer screw up the assembly. There have been several threads over the past several years that are the exact same as yours.

Check it, and then tell your dealer to get their crap together and stop blaming the customer for their screwup.
  9. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

More than likely wasn't, you only have to put the slightest bend in that shaft and it wont retract flat to flat blade, so if you didn't notice something obviously wrong prior , then there probably wasn't anything wrong. Think maybe the advice from others as to the relief valve hose routing may have some validity, the guy I work with has a couple of blades that seem to be bending way more than their share of wing rams, compared to other blades than run for ever
  10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

X2.....haven't heard the chicken winner saying in awhile
  11. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

So I've been re-reading your OP …….

The Electrical issue is, or what sounds to be the same thing when my manifold spools screwed up ….. It'll appear that the electrical is not working, BUT in actuality the spool is jammed up, so when you are cycling the switch's repetitively it is freeing it up but only until the next failure.

As Far as what your dealer says or is suggesting "Tell Him to Stick it Up his A** !!! " …… It is a Warranty issue, You have other really large Dealers back East contact one of them …. Maybe one of them will chime in ??? (or John M. or Seth or ???)…. if it was me in your shoes "AS I DID" call DD or Blizzard directly …. they WILL look after you !!! … once they got involved the issues were rectified very Quickly

Work your way thru this, Don't trade it off !!! (especially at a Loss) …. working properly "You WILL Absolutely Love the Blade !!! " :mechanic:

I'm not having issues with my Dealer, as you are, It was the Distributors that supply our Dealers were not backing the dealers in Western Canada ….. But that's another topic and don't want to get into their Politics at this time ...
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  12. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I would agree ... with the limited info we have. We had some PH1 manifold's with valves that struck right out of the box. It would not be the first time.
  13. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Junior Member

Northside - Sorry to hear about your troubles. Blizzard would like to try and help you figure this out. Please email me directly and let me know if there is a time we can set up a call when you can be near the plow to have someone from technical support help troubleshoot.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  14. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Cheers to Blizzard for monitoring this site and helping the guy out, rather than saying call the dealer. Some dealers have 16 yo in their shop doing supervised repair work! What a joke.
  15. blaster

blaster Junior Member

Its a good thing there is other dealer's in an hour drive or so I had problems with this dealer long time ago saved a thousand dollars by going to another dealer love the blizzard power plows

NORTHSIDE Junior Member

Well hey everyone Ive been to busy to look into the issues with the plow but i did talk to the dealer and he said he would be interested in looking into it. However i will probably email Michael Frank and get his opinion on the issues before i load it and truck it to the dealer in Kokomo, In. I know it doesn't make since to trade down for extra money but the idea of electrical issues later concerns me. As soon as I get something figured out I will post and let everyone know Thanks to all of you that are trying to help KEN at Northside
  17. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

You are also welcome to give me a call at 414-362-3832. I would like to get a little additional information and get our Tech Services Department involved to help figure this out. My name is Jeff Kopp. Or, just email your info to Michael Frank and I will give you a call.

Take care,

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Don't trade down.

Well, actually, if you do, let me know. lol Seriously

There is no other plow I would rather have on a truck or skidsteer or tractor right now. Rather interesting in the change of tune from your dealer.

Are you operating the plow off the Blizzard joystick or off the Bobcat controls? Either way it does sound like the valve sticking or possibly the coils are bad.

Way back when Boss used coils that needed 11 volts (I think) to activate and as soon as the voltage in the truck dropped below that, the plow stopped working. They ended up going with lower voltage coils to solve the problem that many were having.

Good luck!
  19. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

Mark ! …. you ripped the words right off of my lips !!! …… (well actually 3- times) …. in all 3 statements above !!! ….. LOL …..

Every company has their growing pains, and i'm sure that DD has had their share too ….

My blade is not perfect, YET ! ….….. there are a couple of mods i'd like to do, but they're not preventing me from going to work ….. no different than the things that Jerry's Erie specials have or even a couple of other small things….
    But that's alot better than having blades grenade in the middle of a job due to POOR weak design of D-A ideas like my last blade was from BC/QA/?? who ever their manufacturer was that week and NOT standing behind them ….LOL….

Am really eager to hear the outcome of Northsides problem …… and there is no doubt in my mind that it will BE GOOD Results !!! …..:drinkup: