1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new blizzard plow questions?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by qualitylandscap, Mar 7, 2014.

1. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Hi there I'm thinking about making a switch to blizzard. Right now I have a f-250 with boss 8'2" with wings and a f-450 with boss 8'2" with wings. I have a few questions I would like to put an 810 on the f250 and and 8611 on the f450 can the plows be inner changed between trucks? I see the 810 has the ph2 and the 8611 has the ph1, for example my f250 went last Sunday and had to have it towed and take the blade off so I left the plow on site and used my f450 to go pick it up. And another question are the wings are the cutting edges steel? Are boss wings have rubber and I like that because all of sites have curbs. If not where do you order rubber edges for the wings I see western has them on the wideout are the same? I love my boss vs with the wings and everyone on hear says that the expanding plows will out plow the v's with wings so looking for some information. Thanks
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No, you can't switch between PH1 and PH2. Also, the blizzards come with steel cutting edges for the wings, but several members on here have switched them out to poly edges. I'm sure they will chime in with their experiences.
  3. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Junior Member

Qualityscape - you can switch out the 2 plows, the key is that they are fleet flex models. The 8100 and 86110 Low Profile both use power hitch 2 with fleet flex which allows you to use either plow on either truck seamlessly.

There is often confusion between the 8611 and 86110 LP. They both offer a wider version of the very popular 8100 but the difference is in the hitching system, power hitch 1 vs 2 and the height of the moldboard. The naming convention can be confusing. The low profile is designed for trucks that are in the 450 range, the 8611 is heavier.

A great place to start and confirm the plows matching up with your vehicles would be on blizzardplows.com and use the power match to confirm.

You would certainly be able to move some serious snow with that combo!
  4. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Ok I have been reading some information on theses plows and all I heard was wings bending and won't go in. I tripped the plow now the wings are bent. The paint didn't last a season. And from what I understand is that I would have to have an 8100 and 8611lp for them to be switched back and forth. And heard theses weren't as good anymore since dd took over? I might just stick with doing the 8611's. My main concern is that if do switch brands im outfitting both trucks so I can interchange plows if a truck goes down so its a lot of money to dump with the concerns above.