1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Blizzard or Western ?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by CNYScapes, Jan 15, 2008.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Now that Douglas Dynamics owns blizzard, will they shut it down and just use the designs on the fishers and westerns? I have 3 blizzard 810's and have had good luck and I am considering another one, but I am thinking about the Western wide out to be safe? What ya think?
  2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

stick with blizzard

I don't think they are going to phase out blizzard that quickly. Plus the design for the wide out will most likley change and get better in the next couple of years anyway. Stick with Blizzard and have all the same parts for all your plows.
  3. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

According to Blizzard JC ( he works for Blizzard ) DD will not do away with the Blizzard line. You could post a note for him. I just bought a 860SW two weeks ago so I am counting on longevity also.
    Thanks, Al
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Read the Blizzard web site, it says they are commited to the line. DD didn't phase out Fisher did they? I just bought an 810, best plow I've ever used, now only if it would snow a bit more.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

BLIZZARD JC Junior Member

We are working very hard to expand the blizzard line. We are doubling production this year. We are even working on new product for the blizzard line. Our brother plows fisher and western also have adapted the new plow but We believe just like you guy the future of plowing is in power and wing plows. Trust me you guys don't have anything to worry about. The company is sinking millions into to the blizzard line. I hope I have shed some light on the topic for you guys. Thanks for your purchase Blizzard JC
  7. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

OK, OK, OK I guess blizzard isnt going out of business then. I will proceed to put another 810 on the new 2007 Chevy 3500 I bought today. This is what I wanted to do in the first place, but I was a little worried with the new winged competition. Now what about those headlights on the blizzard, why havent they been upgraded yet?
  8. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I have Had & used them ALL & I bought a Blizzard & to ME? All the Other Plows are GOOD but the Blizzard is w/Out any DOUBT! the BEST Plow I have ever USED! it Hooks UP Easy--& Plows Better & Faster Up & Down & Stacks better tham Most I Dono? about Plow engineering? but from the Drivers Seat w/ 50 odd yrs Plowing I think? I can Judge a Plows performance as Good as Any One! & I know why DD bought Out Blizzard! All it really Takes is USE a Blizzard Once! & You will Know WHY? DD bought Blizzard OUT!--OleTower-