1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New blizzard lights

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Snowplow71, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Well you knew since D.D. bought blizzard they were going to put the new lights on it. It is one step closer for me buying a blizzard 810 or 8611, just can't leave the Ultramount!!:confused: They call the lights "Storm Seeker"
    http://www.blizzardplows.com/accessories.asp

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

hate to burst your bubble but blizzard will NOT be putting the nighthawks/storm seekers on there plows anytime soon. Reason being is they still have a stock of hundreds of thousands of the old they need to get rid of first. So yes the isolation modules and attached light bar is to come but no lights yet. You can purchase the storm seekers as an accessory but they will not come on the plow straight from the factory.

So just put the nighthawks on like me!

3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

finally some good looking lights lol

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

How hard is it wiring the Nitehawks into the Blizzard plug in. I am looking to do this soon. Probably get the lights from CPW for $250 if I recall and the wires local.

5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

if you want to stick with the ultramount then why dont you get a western wideout?

6. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I probably will but was looking into the blizzards pretty good. Everyone loves the blizzard powerplows and they are built really tough. I just can't leave the ultramount though so I will get a wideout. I was just posting the new light on here.:rolleyes:

7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I seen that Jerre's service has a plug and play Nitehawks. My blizzard lights got trashed last year by nothing more than plowing, nothing more than junk. I need to get something as I don't have any right now.

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

How bout put a blizzard crossbeam on the ultramount and run a blizzard.

9. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

you just take a blizzard oem light replacement wire and wire it into the nighthawk (inside). But you must build a mounting bracket. I will take pictures when I get a chance,

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Better yet run NSII's and no bracket is needed. By them plug and play from Jerre.

11. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Which of the lights is brighter, the Western's or Meyer's. I can make my own brackets and pry do the wiring myself, probably save some money that way too. Cant find a price on the lights already wired.

12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Meyer NSII, from Jerre, plug and play

13. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

From what I'm told the NSII's are a deeper light. The Westerns are a wider light.