1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New blizzard for me!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 11, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I've finally decided to put a plow on my truck. I have a 04 Ram 1500. I went with the blizzard 760LT. Going in next Thursday for install. Im pretty excited. Im going to be plowing about 10 drives with it for family and friends. I don’t want to beat it up too bad since its my daily driver and only a half ton. I plan on getting a newer high mileage 3/4 ton next year, putting a 810 on it and adding to my route, maybe even a parking lot or 2. My Ram will become my back up vehicle. :)
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Cool. You'll have to post pics of it when it's all done.
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Congrats, glad to see one more added to the fast growing Blizzard Plow Fleet.:)
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I would do the 810 now.
    You will regret it by January.
    for 1 thing if I was gonna maybe add a truck and have mine as a back up I would want the best on the back up. you could put an 810 on the one next year also, for the price of a good plow, why not spend the little extra now to have the best.
    I 'm stuck with a 8' straight blade western pro plow ultra that I would love to get rid of and get a 810.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

He's putting the 760LT on a 1/2 ton Dodge I believe. Can't put the 810 on a 1/2 ton.

Good luck with it Ridehard, I have the same plow on my Silverado 1500 and it works very well.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me Buck, I don't know the dodge model line well enough to know what I'm talking about, I thought the 1500 was a 3/4 my bad.
  7. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

04 ram 1500 w/plow - vehicle dealer warranty issues????

I'm just curious as to what, if any, dealer warranty issues you may face if tranny problems or others pop up. I've heard that non-snowplow prep trucks with plows can be a hassle at dealers when warranty work comes into question.

Clearly, the problem would have to be plow related. But, say, you showed up in July with a tranny problem. The dealer sees the subframe mount and says sorry, the tranny problem is a result of snowplowing with it last winter, it might be on you for repair costs.

I ran into that issue when looking at new half-tons and exploring the possibility of putting a lightweight plow on them (Chevy,Dodge, etc.). All dealers instantly scolded me, warning of warranty issues. Sure, they wanted me to buy the larger, more expensive 3/4 ton truck, but still. Interestingly, all plow manufacturers make light-weight plows today for SUV's and small pickups, but I haven't seen any that would guarantee no warranty issues at the dealer if something broke, even if the plow was light enough for the front end.

I don't know. Again, they'd have to clearly point to it being caused by plowing, but if the problem were one that perhaps could have been caused by either plowing or something else, then I can tell you what party line the dealer will take.

Just a thought. Anyone with any experience with this??

8. brad_diesel

brad_diesel Junior Member

hey ridehardny,
    not sure if its to late or not, but blizzard just came out with a new model this year, its called the speed wing. they have a 760 for the 1/2 ton trucks. its basically like the 810, but no slide box, and the wings move automaticaly when you pivot the blade for windrowing. check out thier site, it shows a demo. they are hard to find due to limited production on a new model, but i found one last week and am having it installed on my 2000 ford expedition this friday. i was going to go with the 760lt, but when i saw i could have wings i droped the straight blade thought instantly. GOTTA HAVE DA WINGS!! good luck with what ever you get, blizzard plows are awesome!
  9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My dealer said he'll back me on my warranty because he wants to sell me another truck. If I have some serious problems; engine, tranny, ect. he said to get all that stuff (meaning subframe) off the truck before I bring it in. They seem to be pretty decent about it.
    As for the 760 speed wing...I did see it on blizzards site also. Im just getting into plowing this year so im going to stick with the 760LT. How much is the 760 speed wing anyways? Im planing on buying a newer truck with high miles next year and putting a 810 on it. The 760 will become my backup plow.