1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Blizzard 800 - total weight????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

My buddy is interested in the above plow for his truck. The website lists only the plow weight of 750lbs. Does anyone know for certain the additional undercarriage frame and lightbar weights?

Thanks Ed (for Bob)

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

SNOWPLOW MODEL 680LT 720LT 760LT 760 800 860
    Moldboard Width 80" 86" 90" 90" 96" 102"
    Plow Width at Full Angle 74" 80" 78" 78" 84" 92"

Moldboard Height 21-1/2" 23-1/2" 29" 31" 31" 31"

Moldboard Thickness 16 gauge 16 gauge 12 gauge 12 gauge 12 gauge 12 gauge

Reinforcement Ribs 4 4 4 6 6 6
    Torque Box Construction Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Trip Springs 4 4 3 4 4 4
    Plow Shoes Steel Disc Steel Disc Steel Disc Cast Iron Cast Iron Cast Iron

Cutting Edge (1080 Steel) 1/4" x 5" 1/4" x 5"
    3/8" x 6" 1/2" x 6" 1/2" x 6" 1/2" x 6"

Power Hitch Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Plow Weight 355 lb. 370 lb. 550 lb. 720 lb. 750 lb. 765 lb.

Here's the answer.

You can also go to www.blizzardplow.com

3. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

no weight given

Hi Jon,

As I said, the 750lbs refers only to the plow, and does not include the additional weight of the undercarriage subframe and light bar. Brochure AND website just list the 750lbs with an asterisk mentioning exclusion of the undercarriage. What do these weigh?
    Ed

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Total wieght complete package is 750 lbs. That is what will be hanging off your truck. I hope this helps???? :rolleyes:

5. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

800 weight

Thanks Jon,

But still doesn't answer my buddy's question. "Complete weight" of 750lbs is really not accurate. Even the brochure and website indicate that the weight refers to plow unit only, not the undercarriage mount frame and light bar. My buddy says his truck is right up against the limit with 800lbs maximum allowed for plow AND subframe mount. Since these mounts can run over 100lbs, he needs to know before purchasing (I don't know why blizzard doesn't indicate what that weight is).

He's going to try and call blizzard hdqrtrs. tomorrow to ask for some info. on this.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Package includes: Plow, undercarriage, and light tower for a total weight of 750lbs. What type of truck is he putting it on?

7. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

blizzard weight undercarriage - per Blizzard

Hi Jon,

As I suspected, according to Blizzard corporate hdqrtrs., the additional weight of the subframe for his truck is 134 lbs., bringing total weight to 884 lbs. A pretty heavy 8' plow. Maybe too heavy.

Ed