1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Blizzard 760LT is awesome!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Well we finally got some snow last night. 3" fell at some point...got caught with my pants down as they were saying a dusting in the forecast. Woke up, looked outside and :eek: ! Threw some pants on, flew out the door, hooked up and starting pushing. Everyone was caught by surprise, nothing but a few of the main roads had been plowed.

Anyway, the new Blizzard worked great! Love it. However I did take a chunk out of my cutting edge...hit a big rock in my own driveway, I think that's where it happened. Anyway dealer said they may take care of it, they've never had anyone break the cutting edge before and think it may have been a defect. Either way, it was my fault as I should have been more careful.

Can't wait till the next snow! Had a blast.

Buck

2. butters

butters Member

Sweet! I can't wait to try it out. Mine will be installed next week sometime. We are supossed to get 3-7 inches tonight so I wish I had it now. Let me know what you like/dislike about it. What kind of truck do you have?

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats awsome UpNorth. Post some pic's!!!! :waving:

4. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Did your blade trip at all? Just curious, because I hit a few things really hard so far and my blade just tripped which obviously saved some other parts. :)

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah, I tripped my blade about 5 times today. Wish it would have tripped when I hit that rock, but instead the plow popped up in the air... :cry: .
    I was probably going too fast. I need to go back and find that damn rock and throw in the lake... :realmad:

Butters, I can't find anything I don't like about it. In fact I don't know if procedure for hooking up the plow and taking it off could be any easier. Took me a couple minutes to hook up and about a minute to drop it. I guess one thing I wish it had...1/2 inch thick cutting edge. The 760LT has a 3/8 inch edge to lighten the load a little, how much heavier would the 1/2 inch be? Anyway, really happy with the plow, couldn't be happier...well, unless I had a 3/4 ton with the 810 Blizzard Power Plow! :D

Buck

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

BUCK ..................Finally got to have fun huh? You have the Blizzard straight blade right ? Wasn't it priced pretty reasonable if I remember ?

Enjoy !.............geo :drinkup:

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah Geo, the 760LT, and the price was very reasonable...maybe because it had a cracked cutting edge, hmmm... :)

Strange year, usually we have 3-4 plowable snows by this time of year in northern Minnesota. But I suppose since I bought the new plow the "big guy" upstairs just wanted to get back at me for something. :nono: :D .

So yeah, finally got to have some fun!

Buck

8. butters

butters Member

Does the Blizzard stack snow very high? I have never seen it in action.

9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Buck - Glad to see you're happy with your decision!!

Good luck bro!!

This time last year in Jersey we already had two plowable storms too!! I hope this is no indication of how the rest of the winter is going to be!

:waving:

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Butters,
    We only had 3" so I didn't get a chance to stack very high. But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Bad Luck,
    Yeah it seems like most areas had a couple plowable snows by this time last year...and now, nothing. Like you say, hope that's not an indicator of whats to come.

Buck

11. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

Butters,

I have had the 760 for the past 2 seasons. I have been able to stack snow as high as 8 ft. I might have been able to stack higher, but I realized I was blocking the sign for my company by the road and thought I better try and keep it visible. So far, I have not had any problems with the plow. I like it very much. The only problem has been with the lights. There is a box that all your light wires plug into. I am now on my 3 one. Every year water gets in the box and I need to replace it. Hopefully I can figure out a temp fix for this problem. The box is now clear so I plan on checking it and maybe sylicone on it to keep water out.

12. butters

butters Member

OK. Finally got my plow last night. Came home and started plowing. So far so good. I have yet to adjust the shoes and I am still learning the ropes so to speak, but it is pretty cool so far. I plowed my drive again this morning (approx. 1500 ft total). Plow trips a bit when hitting uneven areas, but I think it is just a matter of me being inexperienced and the springs being a little too loose. I am sure I will have plenty of time to perfect my plowing skills this winter. I will post pics when I have time to take any. Thanks to all who helped me make my decision on which plow to buy.

13. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Our 810 will but you need to pull back on the stick about a 1' away. Then the snow bank will take it to the top.

14. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

You guys are killin' me. All this talk about plowing and snow. Had the new Blizzard plow for a month and I haven't had a chance to do anything except look at it. I know patience is the key, but c'mon!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

15. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Sorry man............ I was out for 9 1/2 hours today :eek: Ready for spring, we have plowed 6 times this year!!!!!!!!!!

16. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

I guess I been lucky, eventhough this has been low snow year for us, I've been through my lot 15 times already (2" trigger each time). :drinkup:

Hope you get a chance to play soon.